Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

After Earth: Suck or not suck?

»www.afterearth.com/site/

It's directed by M. Night Shyamalan, so I think it will be an iffy film.
The trailer looks great, I just hope that it isn't the best part of the film.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Shyamalan's films always look good to me before they come out. Yet I always feel their endings suck.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

There was only a couple of his movies that I ever liked. One was Unbreakable, the other the Village.

I did enjoy The Last Airbender, to a point. But the rest of his stuff, I stayed away from.
I remembering watching the 6th sense and realized what was going on 10 minutes into the film. I slept the rest of the movie, and my wife agreed it was a waste of time and money to see.

As this film has Will Smith in it, I'm hoping it will be decent. But then again, Will Smith has seemed to have a few misses as well.

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium Member
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

Varlik to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Shyamalan began to lose me with the Village. I just really wish I had not watched The Last Airbender.

AntBee
Premium Member
join:2002-12-06
Riverview, NB

AntBee to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
His involvement has now given me three reasons not to see this film, in which I already had two reasons not to see it.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Snakeoil

MVM

to Snakeoil
I'll see After Earth,....

I liked most of Shyamalan's work but "The Last Airbender" was just bad IMO,.....really,....really,.....really bad.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside

The last Airbender did have some interesting concepts that went beyond the cartoon. The problem with the movie is it tried to pack in a full television season's worth of content into a single movie. A leaner script would have made the film.

Shyamalan is still on my list of better directors even if he released a fair number of underperforming films. I am hopeful he will get his grove back. I'm willing to give this movie a try.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
The back-story presented on the website looks fantastic.
The plot of the movie looks pretty uninteresting.
Plus, I'm not fan of the kid, and the trailer makes it look like he's the main character.

If the movie was based on the back-story from the website, I'd definitely go see it. Right now I'm leaning towards waiting for the DVD of After Earth.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
»[Sci-Fi] After Earth Trailer

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
It looks interesting to me, I'll give it a try.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

3 edits

Packeteers to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
it looks great as a reimagined future, and i doubt will smith would do it (with his son no less) if it was another train wreck like airbender. this is one of the few movies i will pay to see, rather than get a torrent of some early low res cam version.

trailer #2

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· XQdv4G7o

while the premise of earth naturally rebelling against humans is entertaining, it's far more likely that some microorganism would evolve to kill humans (such as how earth protected us from alien invaders in HG Wells war of the worlds), than a bunch of plants and animals collectively turning on humans.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I'm curious as to the "why" of humans leaving the Earth. Was it due to a war, unsustainable environment, a plague or alien invasion?

Which is why I want to see the Tom Cruise movie as well.

I find such stories kinda interesting.

An interesting book I read that was along the lines of those two movies is called "The Alien Dark".
»www.amazon.com/The-Alien ··· 80389281

It was a pretty interesting read.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I'm a Will Smith fan, so I'll see it.