spc
uniqs
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Mele20

to Mele20

Oh my Mele,im sorry this is going on!!

Do you get java alerts ON ANY PAGE with that new java version??

Try this game and see: »glenn.sanson.free.fr/fb/ ··· lay.html

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA

1 edit

rcdailey

Premium Member

FWIW, I also got that security warning for that site you gave a link to, but before that, Chrome asked for permission to run Java. So, I got two warnings for that. Did not try IE, and I have XP Pro, so IE10 is not applicable.

I had disabled the security warning I got for the java speedtest here at dslreports, so that seems to be a specific disabling and not general. That's good to know, since I generally don't run any Java except here.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
Oracle has made it so that there will now ALWAYS be at least one alert on any page that has Java applet. I get ONE alert at that game page. One is fine....it was the excessive number at the hair salon site that was so bad and the excessive number there is due to how that site is set up.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

Is there a way of disabling the alert Mele? (Check under SECURITY and see if you can disable the SW alerting you of a site calling it)

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Oracle has made it so that there will now ALWAYS be at least one alert on any page that has Java applet. I get ONE alert at that game page. One is fine....it was the excessive number at the hair salon site that was so bad and the excessive number there is due to how that site is set up.

Actually, it is site (and Java applet) specific. You can tell the Java run time executable to always allow specific applets from specific sites. Until I did that for the internal web server in my HP print server (shown below), I got the warning popups for almost every mouse click, but after explicitly allowing that site (and all of its individual Java applets), I no longer get the warning popups. Of course the warning popups do occur for sites/applets that have not been white listed by me, and there are very few external sites that I would consider white listing (in fact, there are none at this time).

Prior to white listing that HP admin site and its Java applets, I would get six popups when just the index page was loading (and many, many more if I actually tried to look at any status page or make any changes).
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

I realize you can whitelist and that is fine for some program you own (like I would probably have to do if I were to install MySpeed on Win 8 computer) but white list websites? Nah. That salon site needs to be updated.