uniqs

creativedog
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Richmond, VA

creativedog

Premium Member

Twitter profile picture help

Trying to change my profile picture...I have an image that is 4485x3146 at 300 dpi...I just want to crop it so that it looks clearest on all of the different sizes that twitter show...I cropped to 73x73 at 300 dpi and the picture looks terrible when clicking on it in twitter...I cropped it to 5in x 5in at 72dpi and it looks terrible...the pic is a great picture in its raw form. What am I missing?

EDIT: It's not the avatar from this site.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

1 recommendation

fourboxers

Mod

I don't have Twitter so don't know the sizes they use from here
»www.lunametrics.com/blog ··· t-sheet/
looks likes it's only 81x81

You'd be better off to crop what you don't want then resize the image to the size you need.

creativedog
Premium Member
Richmond, VA

creativedog

Premium Member

Thanks..I googled it as well before posting here. That's the problem...I do exactly what it says and end up with a crappy pic.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers

Mod

Is it an image you'd want to post and have resized if not you can IM me and email the image.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to creativedog

Premium Member

to creativedog
Define "crappy". Too dark? Too light? Out of focus? Fuzzy? No contrast? No depth? Color not right? Ugly subject?
Often I've had to increase brightness and contrast, as well as sharpen, an image when making it small (120x120 or less). Some images just don't scale down to a very small sized image no matter what you do.

creativedog
Premium Member
Richmond, VA

creativedog

Premium Member

I saved into .png format and that solved it...thanks!