All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Riverpilot
join:2006-12-11

Riverpilot

quad cities

Anybody else in the Quad Cities having speeds going crazy?

On 50d/l plan and only getting 9. There was a truck down the block earlier doing who knows what, and at 1:00 p.m. my signals started going bonkers as well as my cable modem reboot several times.

Chad has been notified.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thanks for the heads up. Techs were working on an area signal issue yesterday. Please let me know if you're still having issues with your connection today.
aeroshell09
join:2013-03-10

2 edits

aeroshell09

Chad,

My internet service horrendously drops every ten minutes or so. We have had technicians come over and over, but they all seem to talk in loops and replace the same cable. I have researched this problem with mediacom and it seems to be re-occurring for lot of people in the quad city's... Many people claim it to be a problem in the lines outside that go to the poll. Once when it was snowing badly my internet was dead for a few hours until I went outside and picked up the line from under a few feet of snow, my internet went back on. My neighbors have a similar problem with there internet as well. This just really aggravates me, cant even explain it.

Edit: Ill be playing a game and the ping shoots up to 999 then Ill drop. About 30 seconds to a minute later I connect back. Its really annoying.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Send me an IM with your account or phone number and I will be happy to look into this issue for you.
mertz67
join:2006-09-07
Davenport, IA

mertz67 to Riverpilot

to Riverpilot
I am in Davenport and currently my net is down. This is like the 4th time this month. It is not just me, it is an issue from my area. I called in this morning just to ask the tech what has been going on around here lately, but I could tell it was "one of those" techs who can't be bothered to find anything helpful out so I just said thanks and left it at that. (after over a decade with mediacom I have learned how to read a level 1 in one minute or less lol)

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number so I can look into the issues that you are having?
mertz67
join:2006-09-07
Davenport, IA

mertz67 to Riverpilot

to Riverpilot
I sent you my account number. Thanks in advance if you can find out what has been going on lately in my general area.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thank You.