spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ablindman02

@centurytel.net

[CenturyTel] Terrible lag from 5pm-10/11pm

Hi I've been having this same issue now for well over 3 months with Centurylink, and I've called Customer Support at least 15 times because of this problem. We've had linemen come out and check the lines we've also had techs come out to try and fix the problem. We've tried a new modem (the PK5001z) and nothing has worked. The last 4 or 5 times I've called Customer Support they've just blamed it on bandwidth exhaustion. I like to game online a lot and this lag basically makes the internet unusable for me the entire night.

I live out of the way and its only a 1.5 mbps down .23 up connection but we rarely ever see those speeds during this lag speeds are usually from .13 to .40 down, but the upload never falters. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Is Customer Support just saying bandwidth exhaustion to get rid of me? If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

Sounds like they oversold your node.

Ya, Bandwidth Exhaustion could definitely be the issue.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to ablindman02

^+1

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to ablindman02

Hey Ablindman02 - based on what you are describing, it does appear to be an exhaust issue, I am sorry as I know how frustrating that can be. Will you send me your account & contact info so we can dig into it and get with the planning engineer in your area?

»bit.ly/TALKTOUS or TalkToUs@Centurylink.com

Thanks,
Rich
Centurylink Help Team

mooch
No Booing Allowed

join:2001-11-11
Dublin, OH
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..

said by CenturyLink:

Hey Ablindman02 - based on what you are describing, it does appear to be an exhaust issue, I am sorry as I know how frustrating that can be. Will you send me your account & contact info so we can dig into it and get with the planning engineer in your area?

Thanks,
Rich
Centurylink Help Team

Rich, two weeks ago I used the same link indicated above to contact TalkToUs asking that my slow speeds and high pings be looked into. I've not been contacted in any way since then, even though I specifically asked that someone at least shoot me an email letting me know someone will look at it. How long should I wait before sending a follow up?

CenturyLink
VIP
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID
kudos:7
reply to ablindman02

Thanks,
Rich
Centurylink Help Team