how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fakarooz

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Fakarooz

Re: New speeds coming

THESE QUOTED SPEEDS AND PRICES ARE NOT CORRECT IN ANY WAY! WHOEVER THIS "KRAYGUR" PERSON IS, IS NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH CORRECT INFORMATION. THERE ARE NOT INTERNAL DOCUMENTS DEALING WITH SPEED UPGRADES NOR ARE THERE DOCUMENTS THAT STATE WHAT THE NEW SPEEDS ARE.

It is still too early for at&t to have the pricing ready and it takes several months before pricing is finalized, let alone the speeds that are going to be offered. As I have stated before, at&t is simply using Dallas as a TESTBED for the new back end equipment, CPE, and speed tiers. Though the network upgrades were planned for at least a year, it was only announced last Novemeber. In addition, there is no possible way for at&t to announce these new speeds "by the end of march" especially when our backend equipment suppliers haven't even started manufacturing the new line cards yet.

Please listen carefully to me: These initial speed upgrades will come at the earliest by the end of 2013 and not by the end this month. Over the next three years, WE WILL offer speeds up to 100 mbps.

Many of you believe that "at&t old copper lines are old, corroded, and can't handle faster speeds". I'm going to outline this for you how we will be able to offer speeds up to 100mbps in the future:
1. Vectoring- shows to be able to increase max rates at least 50%
2. Profile 17a- doubles the bandwidth available to your modem. With this comes more upload speeds and download speeds. Nearly doubles your upload speeds and increases download speeds by about 50% especially on short loops (1400ft)
3. Pair Bonding- when used with vectoring, it nearly doubles your max rate. With the new RG being able to pair bond, installations are simplified for technicians making the technology available to the masses

Using the three technologies stated above, anyone on the current 32Meg profile should see and be able to receive max sync speeds well above 100 mbps. People currently on the 25Meg profile will be able to see speeds Above 70mbps. These upgrades to our network is supposed to increase your max sync rates by 3-4x.

I can't speak on behalf of the ADSL2+ based customers and have no information regarding them.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast

Sheesh! I am not a "salesman" for any ISP, but just in case things had improved from when I left AT&T dsl for Comcast cable, I gave 'em a call, since we now have Uverse Internet available.

Best I could get here is max at 12/1.5, comparable price wise with what I pay Comcast for a 20/4 tier (and for a very small increase, I could get 50/10).

Worse still, they quoted me $199.99 for initial install and equipment! With Comcast I did a self-install, with a very minimal "set-up" fee.

That is one tough sell in an area with choices available.

I can buy that perhaps the speed increases and corresponding prices may not yet be set in stone, but I suspect the afore-quoted prices aren't far off, either.
--
Deeds, not words

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to fakarooz

Sheesh! I am not a "salesman" for any ISP, but just in case things had improved from when I left AT&T dsl for Comcast cable, I gave 'em a call, since we now have Uverse Internet available.

Best I could get here is max at 12/1.5, comparable price wise with what I pay Comcast for a 20/4 tier (and for a very small increase, I could get 50/10).

Worse still, they quoted me $199.99 for initial install and equipment! With Comcast I did a self-install, with a very minimal "set-up" fee.

That is one tough sell in an area with choices available.

I can buy that perhaps the speed increases and corresponding prices may not yet be set in stone, but I suspect the afore-quoted prices aren't far off, either.
--
Deeds, not words

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to fakarooz

said by fakarooz :

THESE QUOTED SPEEDS AND PRICES ARE NOT CORRECT IN ANY WAY! WHOEVER THIS "KRAYGUR" PERSON IS, IS NOT PROVIDING YOU WITH CORRECT INFORMATION. THERE ARE NOT INTERNAL DOCUMENTS DEALING WITH SPEED UPGRADES NOR ARE THERE DOCUMENTS THAT STATE WHAT THE NEW SPEEDS ARE.

It is still too early for at&t to have the pricing ready and it takes several months before pricing is finalized, let alone the speeds that are going to be offered. As I have stated before, at&t is simply using Dallas as a TESTBED for the new back end equipment, CPE, and speed tiers. Though the network upgrades were planned for at least a year, it was only announced last Novemeber. In addition, there is no possible way for at&t to announce these new speeds "by the end of march" especially when our backend equipment suppliers haven't even started manufacturing the new line cards yet.

Please listen carefully to me: These initial speed upgrades will come at the earliest by the end of 2013 and not by the end this month. Over the next three years, WE WILL offer speeds up to 100 mbps.

Many of you believe that "at&t old copper lines are old, corroded, and can't handle faster speeds". I'm going to outline this for you how we will be able to offer speeds up to 100mbps in the future:
1. Vectoring- shows to be able to increase max rates at least 50%
2. Profile 17a- doubles the bandwidth available to your modem. With this comes more upload speeds and download speeds. Nearly doubles your upload speeds and increases download speeds by about 50% especially on short loops (1400ft)
3. Pair Bonding- when used with vectoring, it nearly doubles your max rate. With the new RG being able to pair bond, installations are simplified for technicians making the technology available to the masses

Using the three technologies stated above, anyone on the current 32Meg profile should see and be able to receive max sync speeds well above 100 mbps. People currently on the 25Meg profile will be able to see speeds Above 70mbps. These upgrades to our network is supposed to increase your max sync rates by 3-4x.

I can't speak on behalf of the ADSL2+ based customers and have no information regarding them.

No offense, but you guys have been giving the same ol' song and dance for years now. I would bet anything right now at the end of 2013 you still have the same speeds.

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
reply to fakarooz

said by fakarooz :

Please listen carefully to me: These initial speed upgrades will come at the earliest by the end of 2013 and not by the end this month.

So it's settled, no uverse upgrade until the end of the year.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

said by etaadmin:

said by fakarooz :

Please listen carefully to me: These initial speed upgrades will come at the earliest by the end of 2013 and not by the end this month.

And at the end of 2013, the date will be moved to sometime in 2014. Just like how these 'speed upgrades' have been rumored since what was it? 2010? 2011?

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX

said by Metatron2008:

said by etaadmin:

said by fakarooz :

And at the end of 2013, the date will be moved to sometime in 2014. Just like how these 'speed upgrades' have been rumored since what was it? 2010? 2011?

Yeah, while typing it felt like Déjà vu

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·ViaTalk
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to etaadmin

eteadmin since you are in the Dallas area, it is likely you will see availability of these speeds over the next few months. Dallas is the testbed for this upgrade. It is the rest of the market that will be waiting indefinitely on some undisclosed timeline.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

hyphenated

@bellsouth.net

I'll test it, you name it, 30, 45, 60 it doesn't matter

I'd rather go with the 75/10 though

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

I know trying to decipher AT&T logic is futile but if the speed increases aren't coming out until the end of the year, how can they think it was a good idea to raise prices last month? As of yesterday, for $51 outside of promotion or retention offer, you can get Comcast in Miami at 24 mbps or AT&T at 12 mbps. Do they count on people hating the cable company that much?

Vivotif

@sbcglobal.net
reply to fakarooz

6/1 $41
18/3 $51
30/5 $66
45/10 $76
75/15 $96
100/20 $111

These are the true speeds that will be unveiled later this year. Everyone is going to be grandfathered into whatever they have now, but when they change their speed tiers then these prices will apply. Also these prices will only apply to upgraded markets. UnUpgraded markets will retain current pricing schemes. NVG589 required for all speeds 18/3 and higher.

"Fakarooz" is dead on about the rollout of these new speeds. Some of you say that you were hearing of these new speeds for awhile. Well the truth is that AT&T worked on making these new speeds possible in 2011. In early 2012 we were all but ready to go forward with the announcement but got delayed until the end of the year, though development continued. Network upgrades were announced at the end of last year and we are now in the testing phase of deployment. Testing should be relatively short and the first markets should be coming online in about 6 months as "Fakarooz" has stated.

mcwhatl

join:2010-12-19
North Miami Beach, FL

said by Vivotif :

6/1 $41
18/3 $51
30/5 $66
45/10 $76
75/15 $96
100/20 $111

...and we should be believe these numbers? I'll believe it when it when I see it.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Here's the true speeds that will be unveiled later this year!

Expand your moderator at work

brookeKrige

join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA
kudos:3
reply to Fakarooz

@ATT twitter campaign: #monetizeATTfttp

Shareholders and subscribers should tweet @ATT using #monetizeATTfttp, Please exploit my fiber and my wallet to fatten your profits.

Existing VDSL2 subscribers with 380x RG and enough sync above profile on their single pair, won't ever just magically wake up one day "real soon now" to a new profile and/or firmware and speed upgrades, right? Rather?:

1. Your VRAD almost certainly still requires upgraded HW?
2. Your RG definitely needs a swap out (none have new RG yet)?
3. trivial: Your account administratively needs profile change.

Much has been made of shareholders crying foul if ATT were to actually replace any more existing copper to the home with fiber. But #1 and even #2 are HW upgrades that are happening now/soon regardless.

Isn't every such VRAD upgrade a fresh opportunity to "fix" ATT's FTTP problem? So existing fiber already to (some) homes shall then have HW capability at least of say 500M up/down symmetric, and only then needs #3 marketing and administration to year after year step-up shareholder returns by merely charging for another serious fiber speed tier?

FTTP is considered future-proof in the last-mile portion. To no avail if every VRAD upgrade opportunity is squandered time and again, never exploiting it, never reaching that future. Why won't shareholders call them on this?

subwaydood

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Fakarooz

Re: New speeds coming

I just had a technician come today to replace my dvr and as soon as I opened the door he said that they would charge me if he found that my problem was due to my fault but if it was at&t's fault it would be waived. When he put the new dvr in he said he would have to charge me, then i got mad because i don't own the dvr and i didn't spill coffee on it or whatever. He called "t2" and the lady calmed him down and said this repair will be waived for me. I don't remember at&t being this stingy before?

anyways i asked him about the new speeds and he said that they are coming pretty soon but the rollout is gonna be real slow because all the guys are tied up in building 4g right now.

Craiger

join:2012-07-05
Chesterfield, MO
reply to Fakarooz

That new RG where you don't have to have a WAP adapter anymore does it also make it so you don't have to have a battery back up anymore also? Thanks.

wizkid6

join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

said by Craiger:

That new RG where you don't have to have a WAP adapter anymore does it also make it so you don't have to have a battery back up anymore also? Thanks.

Yes no more external BBU.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..

said by wizkid6:

said by Craiger:

Yes no more external BBU.

Unless you have UVerse VOIP and they will install a battery backup connected to the RG unit.

doubleohwhat

join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

I thought the new RG had a slot that a battery could be inserted into?

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:2

1 edit

This is it:
»www.motorola.com/us/consumers/NV···,pd.html

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:2
reply to Fakarooz

Ignore this post.

Weird, right as I posted this my first post showed up.

doubleohwhat

Birmingham, AL
reply to Darknessfall

From what I've seen so far, it seems like this new RG might actually be well designed (from a hardware perspective at least). Having the battery internal is a great move. It gets rid of the bulky external battery units and for non-voice customers they can just leave out the battery.

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to Fakarooz

It will be a godsend for techs. But really its too little too late type of deal.

With these upgrades not rolling out until possibly the end of the year, ATT continues to prove that it is a dinosaur.

This is a test from a few days ago on our $70 Google line at the office

doubleohwhat

Birmingham, AL

I'm surprised speedtest.net can even handle those speeds. I figured google would have to provide a speedtest service for their fiber customers.

Also, a lot of people like myself are stuck with AT&T. There is no cable service in my neighborhood. AT&T inked a deal with the developer to be the only provider.

DataRiker
Premium

Google fiber has their own server on Speedtest.net, but it only shows up when you connect from a google fiber account. ( we have an internal speed test too, again only accessed from a google line )

The test above had 20+ people connected at the time. I might try to grab a better one if I get to the office early tomorrow and post it.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Possibly? You mean at&t will finally release the same speeds that fakarooz has predicted would be released since 2010? Bullshit. They are just telling people that new speeds will come soon to keep people from moving to cable.

GusHerb94

join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

said by Metatron2008:

Possibly? You mean at&t will finally release the same speeds that fakarooz has predicted would be released since 2010? Bullshit. They are just telling people that new speeds will come soon to keep people from moving to cable.

But that trick is no longer working! 6 people I know (including us) have moved to or are moving to cable just in the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more following this trend very soon.

DataRiker
Premium
reply to Fakarooz

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to DataRiker

said by DataRiker:

It will be a godsend for techs. But really its too little too late type of deal.

With these upgrades not rolling out until possibly the end of the year, ATT continues to prove that it is a dinosaur.

This is a test from a few days ago on our $70 Google line at the office

[att=1]

Too bad you are violating Google's ToS. Google Fiber at this time is a residential service, exclusively.