Re: New speeds coming

This is it:
»www.motorola.com/us/cons ··· ,pd.html
Darknessfall

Darknessfall to Fakarooz

Premium Member

to Fakarooz
Ignore this post.

Weird, right as I posted this my first post showed up.
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
From what I've seen so far, it seems like this new RG might actually be well designed (from a hardware perspective at least). Having the battery internal is a great move. It gets rid of the bulky external battery units and for non-voice customers they can just leave out the battery.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to Fakarooz

Premium Member

to Fakarooz
It will be a godsend for techs. But really its too little too late type of deal.

With these upgrades not rolling out until possibly the end of the year, ATT continues to prove that it is a dinosaur.

This is a test from a few days ago on our $70 Google line at the office

doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

I'm surprised speedtest.net can even handle those speeds. I figured google would have to provide a speedtest service for their fiber customers.

Also, a lot of people like myself are stuck with AT&T. There is no cable service in my neighborhood. AT&T inked a deal with the developer to be the only provider.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

Google fiber has their own server on Speedtest.net, but it only shows up when you connect from a google fiber account. ( we have an internal speed test too, again only accessed from a google line )

The test above had 20+ people connected at the time. I might try to grab a better one if I get to the office early tomorrow and post it.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Possibly? You mean at&t will finally release the same speeds that fakarooz has predicted would be released since 2010? Bullshit. They are just telling people that new speeds will come soon to keep people from moving to cable.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb

said by Metatron2008:

Possibly? You mean at&t will finally release the same speeds that fakarooz has predicted would be released since 2010? Bullshit. They are just telling people that new speeds will come soon to keep people from moving to cable.

But that trick is no longer working! 6 people I know (including us) have moved to or are moving to cable just in the past couple of weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more following this trend very soon.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker to Fakarooz

Premium Member

to Fakarooz

silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to DataRiker

Premium Member

to DataRiker
said by DataRiker:

It will be a godsend for techs. But really its too little too late type of deal.

With these upgrades not rolling out until possibly the end of the year, ATT continues to prove that it is a dinosaur.

This is a test from a few days ago on our $70 Google line at the office

[att=1]

Too bad you are violating Google's ToS. Google Fiber at this time is a residential service, exclusively.

DataRiker
Premium Member

2 edits

DataRiker

Premium Member

I can't go into details, but suffice it to say we are not violating the TOS.

We are not on a normal account, can't say more than that.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 edit

silbaco to Fakarooz

Premium Member

to Fakarooz
Their terms states they only have 1 type of account. The other accounts are still upcoming. That's why businesses that don't break ToS are being denied and businesses that do are buying residential properties because Google refuses to install in their business location.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

said by silbaco:

Their terms states they only have 1 type of account. The other accounts are still upcoming. That's why businesses that don't break ToS are being denied and businesses that do are buying residential properties because Google refuses to install in their business location.

Lets keep on topic, if you want to continue arguing about Google Fiber ToS then start a new thread.

anon12901921 to Fakarooz

Anon

to Fakarooz
Okay guys, I know how anxious you are to know the new speeds. I haven't posted on this site before, but I've been following this discussion. I've been wanting to post this image for a few days, and I think I've finally found a way to post it without being identified. I don't think there's any possible way I can get in trouble, so here we go.

kraygur had a very good idea of what the speeds would be; perhaps he was looking at a previous revision of this. I don't think they'll go into effect soon for many areas; my market, which is fairly large, isn't scheduled for this to be completed until Jan-Feb 2014. In my opinion, this isn't enough for U-verse to beat other isps, but we'll have to wait and see how people react. (In my market, I could get Comcast's 105/20 for $115, with no promotion. U-verse's $121 plan will only be 75/10 and that'll be shared with HDTVs.)

TestBoy
Premium Member
join:2009-10-13
Irmo, SC

TestBoy

Premium Member

Interesting...
I guess we have to wait and see if our anonymous friend is right
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to Fakarooz

to Fakarooz
Such uncompetitive prices. Does AT&T think people are that stupid or do they just not want anything to do with Uverse anymore? Too little too late.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

I think someone forgot to read the very large banner saying "DO NOT SHARE"

I love how at the bottom it says "No other internet provider can offer such a great combination of speeds and pricing" even though those speeds are still behind and the pricing is horrible lol. Who knows, pricing may still change.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to anon12901921

to anon12901921
Is TOR great or what

mcwhatl
join:2010-12-19
North Miami Beach, FL

mcwhatl to anon12901921

to anon12901921
I don't believe it.

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai to GusHerb

to GusHerb
Those will be the base prices before promos or discounts, which will be used per customer and/or per market to remain competitive.

DataRiker
Premium Member

DataRiker

Premium Member

said by Forosnai:

Those will be the base prices before promos or discounts, which will be used per customer and/or per market to remain competitive.

This is exactly right. Its Uverse.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to Forosnai

Premium Member

to Forosnai
And in jan-feb 2014, fakarooz and other anon posters calling themselves at&t workers will announce a new date...

wizkid6
join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

1 edit

wizkid6 to Forosnai

to Forosnai
said by Forosnai:

Will the 30/3 tier will available to ADSL2+ U-verse customers?

Obviously that would require pair bonding, vectoring, and annex-m to work though...

And if that is indeed the case, will a firmware update be pushed to the NVG510 to enable said pair bonding, or would they force us to get the upcoming NVG589 even though the HPNA port would be useless except for connect ethernet to HPNA adapters (since ADSL2+ customers don't have TV service)?

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

said by wizkid6:

will a firmware update be pushed to the NVG510 to enable said pair bonding

I have yet to see a firmware which can add hardware capabilities.

/M
RJIH
join:2011-05-15
Smyrna, GA

1 edit

RJIH to anon12901921

to anon12901921
said by anon12901921 :

Okay guys, I know how anxious you are to know the new speeds. I haven't posted on this site before, but I've been following this discussion. I've been wanting to post this image for a few days, and I think I've finally found a way to post it without being identified. I don't think there's any possible way I can get in trouble, so here we go.

kraygur had a very good idea of what the speeds would be; perhaps he was looking at a previous revision of this. I don't think they'll go into effect soon for many areas; my market, which is fairly large, isn't scheduled for this to be completed until Jan-Feb 2014. In my opinion, this isn't enough for U-verse to beat other isps, but we'll have to wait and see how people react. (In my market, I could get Comcast's 105/20 for $115, with no promotion. U-verse's $121 plan will only be 75/10 and that'll be shared with HDTVs.)

What is a VIP-III market?
Drewg5
join:2012-09-29
Florissant, MO

Drewg5 to Fakarooz

to Fakarooz
On the 24m connection I am satisfied, although the competition is offering 6m faster for approximately the same price outside of contract.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande

MVM,

said by Drewg5:

On the 24m connection I am satisfied, although the competition is offering 6m faster for approximately the same price outside of contract.

According to the yet to be announced upgrades and pricing, those on the 24Meg Max Turbo plan will automatically see an increase to 30Meg when they start rolling out the new profiles. For those of us in the DFW market, we will get to enjoy it much sooner than the rest of the customer base.
Drewg5
join:2012-09-29
Florissant, MO

Drewg5

Knowing the speed ATT moves... the competition will be offering gigabit speeds :/

wizkid6
join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

wizkid6 to rolande

to rolande
said by rolande:

said by Drewg5:

According to the yet to be announced upgrades and pricing, those on the 24Meg Max Turbo plan will automatically see an increase to 30Meg when they start rolling out the new profiles. For those of us in the DFW market, we will get to enjoy it much sooner than the rest of the customer base.

What about ADSL2+ U-verse customers on Max Plus (the highest package available for those people)?
JAQUEBAUER
join:2007-09-20
Fort Lauderdale, FL

JAQUEBAUER to Fakarooz

to Fakarooz
I will never see it, as the Uverse buildout ended 2 miles from my home in zip 33332. I have DSL Xtreme for 10 yrs, and are pissed off at the data caps..its grand theft..........as there is no reason for it as congestion does not exist. Lately, I am being throttled and connection drops at least 10 times/day. Wife is a 35 year employee and so she does not want me to sue for fraud. ATT is a shell of the former Bell System, who had competent people in charge. ATT today is run by morons with MBA's, and not technical people who know what quality is.