uniqs
share rss forum feed

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19
reply to Forosnai

Re: New speeds coming

said by Forosnai:

Those will be the base prices before promos or discounts, which will be used per customer and/or per market to remain competitive.

This is exactly right. Its Uverse.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state
reply to Forosnai

And in jan-feb 2014, fakarooz and other anon posters calling themselves at&t workers will announce a new date...

wizkid6

join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

1 edit
reply to Forosnai

said by Forosnai:

Those will be the base prices before promos or discounts, which will be used per customer and/or per market to remain competitive.

Will the 30/3 tier will available to ADSL2+ U-verse customers?

Obviously that would require pair bonding, vectoring, and annex-m to work though...

And if that is indeed the case, will a firmware update be pushed to the NVG510 to enable said pair bonding, or would they force us to get the upcoming NVG589 even though the HPNA port would be useless except for connect ethernet to HPNA adapters (since ADSL2+ customers don't have TV service)?

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:11

said by wizkid6:

will a firmware update be pushed to the NVG510 to enable said pair bonding

I have yet to see a firmware which can add hardware capabilities.

/M

RJIH

join:2011-05-15
Smyrna, GA

1 edit
reply to anon12901921

said by anon12901921 :

Okay guys, I know how anxious you are to know the new speeds. I haven't posted on this site before, but I've been following this discussion. I've been wanting to post this image for a few days, and I think I've finally found a way to post it without being identified. I don't think there's any possible way I can get in trouble, so here we go.

kraygur had a very good idea of what the speeds would be; perhaps he was looking at a previous revision of this. I don't think they'll go into effect soon for many areas; my market, which is fairly large, isn't scheduled for this to be completed until Jan-Feb 2014. In my opinion, this isn't enough for U-verse to beat other isps, but we'll have to wait and see how people react. (In my market, I could get Comcast's 105/20 for $115, with no promotion. U-verse's $121 plan will only be 75/10 and that'll be shared with HDTVs.)

What is a VIP-III market?

Drewg5

join:2012-09-29
Florissant, MO
reply to Fakarooz

On the 24m connection I am satisfied, although the competition is offering 6m faster for approximately the same price outside of contract.

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk

said by Drewg5:

On the 24m connection I am satisfied, although the competition is offering 6m faster for approximately the same price outside of contract.

According to the yet to be announced upgrades and pricing, those on the 24Meg Max Turbo plan will automatically see an increase to 30Meg when they start rolling out the new profiles. For those of us in the DFW market, we will get to enjoy it much sooner than the rest of the customer base.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

Drewg5

join:2012-09-29
Florissant, MO

Knowing the speed ATT moves... the competition will be offering gigabit speeds :/

wizkid6

Opelika, AL
reply to rolande

said by rolande:

said by Drewg5:

According to the yet to be announced upgrades and pricing, those on the 24Meg Max Turbo plan will automatically see an increase to 30Meg when they start rolling out the new profiles. For those of us in the DFW market, we will get to enjoy it much sooner than the rest of the customer base.

What about ADSL2+ U-verse customers on Max Plus (the highest package available for those people)?

JAQUEBAUER

join:2007-09-20
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to Fakarooz

I will never see it, as the Uverse buildout ended 2 miles from my home in zip 33332. I have DSL Xtreme for 10 yrs, and are pissed off at the data caps..its grand theft..........as there is no reason for it as congestion does not exist. Lately, I am being throttled and connection drops at least 10 times/day. Wife is a 35 year employee and so she does not want me to sue for fraud. ATT is a shell of the former Bell System, who had competent people in charge. ATT today is run by morons with MBA's, and not technical people who know what quality is.

wizkid6

Opelika, AL

said by JAQUEBAUER:

I will never see it, as the Uverse buildout ended 2 miles from my home in zip 33332.

You might have be eligible for IP-DSL service. Enter your address into the U-verse availability page here

DataRiker
Premium

At 2+ miles out there is not much advantage to ipdsl, unless it is bonded.

DataRiker
Premium
reply to ConstantineM

Re: new speeds only more than 100× slower than the competi

@ConstantineM,

You have a few errors and missing info on your page »bmap.su/

Firstly, Google fiber's $0 plan is 5/1, you have it listed as 1000/1000.

Secondly, Surewest offers fiber near Kansas City, and in some area's of KCK.

Lastly, LUS fiber does indeed have a cap, although it has never been enforced to my knowledge and I don't believe they even monitor usage.

fakarooz

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Fakarooz

Re: New speeds coming

So I just got word a few days ago that pricing has been finalized for the new speed tiers. These new speeds will be brefly talked about during the quarterly earnings report on April 23. Markets that are upgraded via project VIP will have a separate set of pricing tiers than non-upgraded markets. Non-upgraded markets will retain current pricing. The new speeds and pricing is listed as follows:

3/1 $41
12/1.5 $51
18/1.5 $56
30/3 $66
45/6 $86
60/6 $106
75/10 $121

The capability for the 100mbps tier is certainly there, but it won't be rolled out for another year. I don't know much more information other than what I have previously stated. Hope everyone is as excited as much as our employees are in rolling this out!

doubleohwhat

join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

Did I miss something? What's "project VIP"?

Also, any word about new business plans? I could certainly use the extra upload. That's really the only issue I have with my 24/3 business plan.

wizkid6

Opelika, AL
reply to fakarooz

said by fakarooz :

Markets that are upgraded via project VIP will have a separate set of pricing tiers than non-upgraded markets. Non-upgraded markets will retain current pricing.

Does "non-upgraded markets" include IP-DSL only markets?

If so, will the 30/3 tier be available to CO-based (IP-DSL) customers?

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

4 edits
reply to fakarooz

Fakarooz, do you happen to know what markets will be upgraded first? I remember(I think) of you saying earlier that one place in Texas will be first. So will there be anywhere else being rolled out?

I really wish they have great promos on these prices since they're still pretty bleh. Comcast seems a lot cheaper than these prices. For the price of the 12 and 18 tier I could get 22/4.5 + PowerBoost with a bundle off promo price. I could also get 50 down/5 up for the price of the 30/3 with a bundle off promo and 50/5 without a bundle for $10 less than the 45/6. Then, he 60/6 costs just a little less than Comcast's 105/20. Finally, 75/10 is priced higher than Comcast's 105/20. They better be able to price lower than many of the cable companies' promos.

Zoder

join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

said by Darknessfall:

I really wish they have great promos on these prices since they're still pretty bleh. Comcast seems a lot cheaper than these prices. For the price of the 12 and 18 tier I could get 22/4.5 + PowerBoost with a bundle off promo price. I could also get 50 down/5 up for the price of the 30/3 with a bundle off promo and 50/5 without a bundle for $10 less than the 45/6. Then, he 60/6 costs just a little less than Comcast's 105/20. Finally, 75/10 is priced higher than Comcast's 105/20. They better be able to price lower than many of the cable companies' promos.

Do you subscribe to their tv service or are those internet only customer prices? When I login to my TV account it says I can get 50/10 for $29.95 promo or $58.95 regular, The 105 tier is $99.95 no promo.

AT&T is pathetic with their new pricing compared to this.

We are also the testbed market for OMGFast which is $40 for 50mbps.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17

Those are without TV.

GusHerb94

join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL
kudos:1
reply to Fakarooz

Now that I think about it, I read something about AT&T deciding NOT to do what the cable companies do and only give good pricing when bundling, but rather keep it the same price whether you bundle 3 items or nothing. (talking about regular pricing no promo) (this was from years ago, when Uverse was still new)

Anyway, I realize what they've done is just give EVERYONE, the same HIGH pricing! LOL.

And I wondered why everybody I knew couldn't afford their Uverse services after the promo's ran out. Their pricing structure simply just drives people away after promo's end. Even cable isn't quite as bad if your on one of the triple plays.

U-Family, Pro internet, and Uvoice unlimited was costing a family friend 160 a month. They wouldn't give her any promo's. Guess who she's switching to tomorrow?

Merlin

join:2012-06-08
Dallas, TX
reply to wizkid6

said by wizkid6:

said by fakarooz :

Markets that are upgraded via project VIP will have a separate set of pricing tiers than non-upgraded markets. Non-upgraded markets will retain current pricing.

Does "non-upgraded markets" include IP-DSL only markets?

If so, will the 30/3 tier be available to CO-based (IP-DSL) customers?

No, loop qualified ADSL2+ customers will be able to purchase a 24/2 tier this summer. Anything beyond that requires multi-pair bonding, which is in progress.

siersema

join:2005-06-16
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to fakarooz

I am moving from a VZ FiOS service area where I pay
FiOS Internet 75/35 $60.00 (no bundling price right from my bill).
The new home will be AT&T U-verse and looking at the new speed tiers, they are getting to the VZ speeds but at double the costs. Are the caps of data download working?

mibrnsurg

join:2003-07-28
Grosse Pointe, MI
reply to doubleohwhat

said by doubleohwhat:

Did I miss something? What's "project VIP"?

Also, any word about new business plans? I could certainly use the extra upload. That's really the only issue I have with my 24/3 business plan.

Speed Upgrades. The Project VIP plan includes an upgrade for U-verse to speeds of up to 75Mbps and for U-verse IPDSLAM to speeds of up to 45Mbps, with a path to deliver even higher speeds in the future.
»www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=2···orporate

Chris
--
No SD Stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, press # a bunch of times for a menu from Mr. Voice Recognition
I Call it Like I See It YRMV IMHO
Simply a Uverse user, nothing more