how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

condor11

join:2007-10-12
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Usage - overages

Could someone confirm is Teksavvy charges to change plan from Unlimited to 300Gb?

ShetiPhian

join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON

said by condor11:

Could someone confirm is Teksavvy charges to change plan from Unlimited to 300Gb?

Don't know if they do now, but it will be $5 with the new plans

»[Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco
"switching to lower tiers or speeds costs $5 to the incumbent.. so it's easy to change.." -Marc

condor11

join:2007-10-12

said by ShetiPhian:

Don't know if they do now, but it will be $5 with the new plans

That seems to apply if changing speed. In any case, I don't think Incumbents would even know that Tek customer is changing from Unlimited to 300G. I can understand they may have administrative cost to such a change. But even if they do, perhaps in light of recent shakover they could waive it?

d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to condor11

said by condor11:

It does NOT cost anything to change between plans on the speed tier as Rogers doesn't need to get involved...
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

ShetiPhian

join:2011-12-29
Belleville, ON
reply to TSI Marc

I took "tiers or speeds" as two different things.
Seeing how speeds are self explanatory I figured tiers must mean the tiers within the current speed (aka the download cap)

But costing nothing to change your cap seems right, as the incumbent wouldn't be involved.

JonyBelGeul
Premium
join:2008-07-31

Yeah, sorry. It's my fault. I was confused when I suggested an "upgrade program" to go from one tier to another within the same speed tiers for free, thereby implying that this is usually done for a fee. There's a fee when changing speed from DSL10 to DSL15 for example, but there's no fee when going from 75GB cap to 300GB cap for example.
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.