spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PandaEatRage
@wideopenwest.com

PandaEatRage

Anon

Weird internet issue, only things not constantly running go

Ok so this issue has gone on for about a year. I've called WoWway a ton of times, had them come out, replace the modem 5 times. Test it on the modem end, and it keeps happening.

This issue happens wired or wireless, on every device in the house, phones, ipads, tablets, anything. Anything an outsider brings in.

The issue is, every about 20 minutes or so the internet goes down for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes. The thing is though, is that anything that uses a constant connection. Internet games, Skype, Instant Messaging programs, Steam, Team Speak, Ventrillo, stays up. So what will happen for instance, is Im talking to my friends on Team Speak or Skype, click on firefox or I.E. or whatever, and it'll give me the standard no connection found, even though I'm using it. And everything works fine, we have no lag issues over voice, I can bring up a window and type to my friend on steam, but if its not looking for a constant signal it won't work until the internet cycles, or turns back on, or whatever its doing.

Ive tried changing router settings that has been supplied by WoWway, they've gone through all their settings numerous times. I've changed the DNS to googles, disabled IPv6 as I was told it was 'searching for it'.

Any help appreciated

Edit: Replacing parts seems to of never fixed it, the tech just never stays around long enough to see the issue happen

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI

mix

What is the make and model of the modem you are using?

PandaEatRage
@wideopenwest.com

PandaEatRage

Anon

Arris Interactive DG950A I believe

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to PandaEatRage

Premium Member

to PandaEatRage
said by PandaEatRage :

Ok so this issue has gone on for about a year. I've called WoWway a ton of times, had them come out, replace the modem 5 times. Test it on the modem end, and it keeps happening.

This issue happens wired or wireless, on every device in the house, phones, ipads, tablets, anything. Anything an outsider brings in.

The issue is, every about 20 minutes or so the internet goes down for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes. The thing is though, is that anything that uses a constant connection. Internet games, Skype, Instant Messaging programs, Steam, Team Speak, Ventrillo, stays up. So what will happen for instance, is Im talking to my friends on Team Speak or Skype, click on firefox or I.E. or whatever, and it'll give me the standard no connection found, even though I'm using it. And everything works fine, we have no lag issues over voice, I can bring up a window and type to my friend on steam, but if its not looking for a constant signal it won't work until the internet cycles, or turns back on, or whatever its doing.

Ive tried changing router settings that has been supplied by WoWway, they've gone through all their settings numerous times. I've changed the DNS to googles, disabled IPv6 as I was told it was 'searching for it'.

Any help appreciated

Edit: Replacing parts seems to of never fixed it, the tech just never stays around long enough to see the issue happen

Issues like this can sometimes be difficult to diagnose if you don't catch it when it's happening, or if it doesn't happen long enough to investigate. If you would like me to take a look at the modem from my side, please send me a private message with your account number, phone number, and the name on your account, and I will take a look and see what I can find.

barakandl
@wideopenwest.com

barakandl

Anon

Change your DNS server? Maybe it is having trouble resolving hostnames.