spc
uniqs
BartmanLA
join:2001-12-02
Los Angeles, CA

BartmanLA to dslx_nick

to dslx_nick

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

Hi George, I just spoke with Customer support but didn't sign up yet, I want to pull the trigger on this one, it sounds just too good to be true, could you please spell out for a ATT customer in Los Angeles, what exactly the costs would be, the CSR just stated it would be $44.95 per month (with a static IP that I prefer) but didn't mention any modem rental costs or taxes, so what am I really looking here? I'm a long time DSLx customer and want to stay loyal but I am trying to reduce montly costs from what I already have (DSLx, ATT, Vonage) to a single monthly bill and still increase my data speed. Thanks for your response! Looking forward to hearing about this exciting new service!

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Once you add in the local taxes, the final price varies slightly from region to region; I'm not in Billing, but I just opened over a half-dozen accounts and even I can see the fluctuations from the different taxes, so I can't give you a number on that one; I'll see if I can get a figure for you from a billing rep on Monday.

With regards to the modem: if you get a modem from us, there'd be the usual $17.72 one-time handling fee, but that's it (no monthly charge for the lease). In your case, you've already got a modem from us, so you don't even have that cost; $0 in other words.
BartmanLA
Los Angeles, CA

BartmanLA

Thanks Nick for the info, I went an ordered it already, I can't wait to see the speed boost I am hoping to get, I'm very close (less than 1/4 mile) to my CO so I am expecting a significant increase. I do have 2 questions, I've seen that I don't have to make any changes to my phone line connections, so I just keep my regular landline phones connected like they are now (with filters) and the new phone service will automatically connect? Also do I have to contact ATT to discontinue my service with them so I don't get billed any longer, or will that disconnect me from Fusion totally? Sorry for being so confusing but I want to eliminate any downtime completely. Thanks again for the great job you guys are doing!

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

There will be some brief downtime; unavoidable, as your connection is being physically disconnected from one set of equipment and re-connected to another set of equipment. This is usually done within half an hour or so. You'll be able to see when this is happening by seeing the DSL (sync) light on your modem go out.

After you're moved to the new set of equipment, you will need to update your static IP in your router.

Aside from that, shouldn't need to make any changes on your end. Phones remain plugged in with filters exactly as they are.

Generally, you do not need to contact AT&T to stop billing; they are supposed to stop billing you automatically after the switch. However, we recommend checking with them to *make sure* they have stopped billing you, just in case. Just be sure you do NOT say anything like you "want to cancel service" or you "want to disconnect the line"; just let them know you have switched over to another provider.
BartmanLA
Los Angeles, CA

BartmanLA

Awesome, thanks for the prompt reply! I am very excited about getting this provisioned, my change date is next Tuesday! I'll be sure to post my results and a updated review for the service! Great job!