Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

Kramer to BillRoland

Mod

to BillRoland

Re: [poll] What will happen with Win8?

said by BillRoland:

Its even worse when you realize they were almost giving it away for several months.

The first thing Microsoft needs to do is oust Steve Ballmer. This company has been completely adrift since Bill Gates left.

I'm not sure Gates doesn't deserve some of the blame too. I'm not sure Microsoft ever had the ability to innovate, but whatever ability it had disappeared long before Gates left the company.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Kramer:

said by BillRoland:

Its even worse when you realize they were almost giving it away for several months.

The first thing Microsoft needs to do is oust Steve Ballmer. This company has been completely adrift since Bill Gates left.

I'm not sure Gates doesn't deserve some of the blame too. I'm not sure Microsoft ever had the ability to innovate, but whatever ability it had disappeared long before Gates left the company.

People don't get windows for innovation, they get windows to be able to work.

The only innovation MS needs to worry about is integrating new tech into the OS so people don't have to install crappy 3rd part hacks to get things to work. (Bluetooth I'm looking at you)

Kramer
Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

1 recommendation

Kramer

Mod

I was really being unfair. Microsoft has innovated quite a bit. The improvements we look forward to with every Windows release are a good example. The innovations are mostly transparent, but they do exist. There are lots of creative people at MS. You don't succeed as a technology company over the long term without innovating. It is the blockbuster innovations that MS so sorely needs to create. The iPads, the Facebooks, the iTunes, the search engines and infrastructure. You can't lead from behind but for so long. I get frustrated that that is basically what Microsoft has done during their modern history. It has cost the company dearly.