spc
Search similar:

uniqs
FeuersteinJ
join:2013-03-09
Oklahoma City, OK

FeuersteinJ

problem with my outlook mail and mail attachment

I kept a lot of information in my Outlook data file, including my email messages, contacts and my appointments. If something destroys or corrupts that file. How can I recover?

seaman
Premium Member
join:2000-12-08
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

seaman

Premium Member

Unfortunately, this is a fairly common problem. Hence, a small cottage industry of Outlook data recovery programs has grown up to address it. Things to try-

1. Restore from your latest backup
2. Google the phrase "Outlook data recovery"
3. Visit Slipstick.com

cuda7071
join:2001-03-16
Mars, PA

cuda7071 to FeuersteinJ

to FeuersteinJ
Check out the programs available here, »www.outlookfreeware.com/ ··· ult.aspx
They offer export software you may find helpful.

onewaybackup
@centurytel.net

onewaybackup to FeuersteinJ

Anon

to FeuersteinJ
I have done this before just drag and drop the emails to your desktop then you can proceed to put that on a usb stick or whatever and keep it in a safe place. You can also encrypt the email files with whatever you like it provides a good backup.
jack1832
join:2013-03-10

jack1832 to FeuersteinJ

to FeuersteinJ
You should restore these data to other place.

Kramer
Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA

1 recommendation

Kramer to FeuersteinJ

Mod

to FeuersteinJ
You might want to consider an online backup service like Carbonite, Crashplan, Mozy, etc. They can backup your Outlook data files and keep historical copies of them. Carbonite will not backup a PST (Outlook data file) larger than 4GB without you explicitly telling it to do so. I'm not sure about the others.

Another method I used for a while and still use to some extent, is to use a service like GMail to receive a copy of every mail received. That way you are duplicating received mail. Sent messages on the other hand remain in only one location. Your calendar can easily be synchronized between GMail and Outllook. No so easy with contacts without a third party program.

You don't mention what version of Outlook you are using, but Microsoft has a free Personal Folders Backup Tool that works with Outlook 2007 backwards. Not sure about 2010 and 2013.

Finally.. it is my opinion that keeping mail solely on your computer isn't a good idea. Cloud services such as Outlook.com or GMail or advanced services that host Exchange accounts offer much more safety then you are able to provide yourself.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

jaykaykay to FeuersteinJ

MVM

to FeuersteinJ
I totally agree with Kramer re: backing up off site using Mozy or some other link that may work. I also have used a program called "Backupoutlook", »www.backupoutlook.com/, but that is still on your system.

rodyroon
@vsnl.net.in

1 edit

rodyroon to FeuersteinJ

Anon

to FeuersteinJ
Hello,

It seems that you pst file is corrupted,You should try to repair pst files with the help of Scanpst.exe

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

said by rodyroon :

Hello,

It seems that you pst file is corrupted,You should try to repair pst files with the help of Scanpst.exe

Referring to »support.microsoft.com/kb/272227
Jrb2
Premium Member
join:2001-08-31

1 recommendation

Jrb2 to FeuersteinJ

Premium Member

to FeuersteinJ
PS: for backup and restore there is also OutBack Plus (not free):
»ajsystems.com/outbackplu ··· obp.html
»ajsystems.com/outbackplu ··· res.html
quote:
OutBack Plus is the original and the premiere Microsoft Outlook backup and restore utility. AJSystems.com created the first utility for backing up Outlook in 1999. Tens of thousands of users worldwide use OutBack Plus to backup Outlook.

It was one of the tools listed here: »Software Forum Member Choice
Expand your moderator at work