Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX

[Connectivity] Anyone know what might be causing this?

Click for full size
SB Modem Log
I have been having this issue for about seven days now. It started only at night at first, but it has gotten worse. I have placed two calls to Suddenlink technical support which has not gotten any type of acceptable response.

The modem loses connection, the power light is the only light that remains on, and it proceeds to re-connect, and then after a little bit, it repeats.

I am posting the modem log. I don't know what this stuff means but I am assuming that I need a technician out here. Does anyone know what these messages mean? If you could go back and see the log for days, it would show that same stuff.

Any advice you can offer, as always, is appreciated. Thanks.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
screen shot the signal page

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX
Click for full size
said by moldypickle:

screen shot the signal page

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Your upstream power levels are low. Check all your wiring first. Take lose the ends from the splitters and modem and check that the whole thing doesn't spin around on the wire. Also check that there is no stray ground shield wire that has made it's way to the center of the connector (you would see it by the coper center conductor if it's where it shouldn't be). Also check to see if the center conductor is at minimum even with the end of the connector to sticking out the width of a nickel past the end.

Just had a plant guy tell me last week that T3 errors in the log relate a lot of the time to connector problems. He replaced all the connectors in my house again and interestingly enough I haven't had a T3 error since. Coincidence? Worth a try in my opinion, lol.
--
30/2 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
Conroe, TX
reply to atuarre
I checked all the wiring and connections to make sure they were fine and that they were connected tightly but it has not made any changes.

Shee

@suddenlink.net
Hi Atuarre, I have been having the same issue for the past week and a half....( I'm in Louisiana)

Every night my internet goes out, the modem constantly is repeating and resetting....it happens during the day also.

It's getting very annoying.

Checked wiring and connectors as well...bought new cables and everything and still the same problem.

Neighbor is also having the same problem.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
If you and the neighbor are having the same problems, you definitely need to call that in and let them know that too.

atuarre, you're going to need to get a truck roll to your house. What you really need is to get a plant guy to look into the signal, but unless you know one of their numbers personally, only way I could say to get one on it is to get the tech that comes out to ACTUALLY escalate the issue. If you already have had a tech out and they said nothing was the matter, see if you can escalate the issue with one of the aprroved on here.
--
30/2 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old