spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bshampine

join:2010-04-08
Gouverneur, NY

Ultimate 50/5 Only getting 20+ download!!!

Any ideas??? This is all the time not just certain times of the day im sick of techs coming out and saying everything looks fine and not fixing my problems. Just the other day I had them lower my speed to 3/1 and the speed test ran solid 3 down and .970 upload everytime I ran a speed test. Please help

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state
What kind of modem are you using? Post your signal levels. Is this a wireless connection?

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
reply to bshampine
Are you connected wirelessly or direct to modem / router?

SyphonBW

join:2004-02-24
Alliance, OH
reply to bshampine
Overloaded node no doubt.

dragonman300

join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Time Warner Cable
·Dish Network
reply to bshampine
Look like you might have Motorola SB6120 or SB6121. Why not swap for different modem like Motorola SB6141 or SBG6580 or other modem that do 8x4 channels bonding?

p.s. Im not sure if your area have 8channels or 4
--
Curious about Sprint improved 3G and growing 4G LTE network? Then check it out at www.s4gru.com

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23
reply to bshampine
That looks like the speed limit for a 54g wireless connection

robbed

@rr.com
reply to bshampine
You been robbed! I get this consistently on 10/1.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2565851432.png

G0d

join:2012-11-29
reply to bshampine
more than likely on a wireless connection. Try plugging in directly to the modem.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to robbed
said by robbed :

You been robbed! I get this consistently on 10/1.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2565851432.png

dat powerboost.

I also think he is on WIFI G

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2
reply to bshampine
If you're on a wireless network, plug into the modem. If it's fine that way, then your router isn't configured for wireless N. Is it a TWC router or your own router? And what model?

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY
reply to bshampine
Click for full size
I was direct connected during speed test. Im using a moto sb6121 at the moment. I had a tech here sunday and he was confused also. So I had him phone in a lower my speed to turbo and wa la im pulling 20+ download and 1.9 upload then he had them raise me back to 50/5 and it wouldnt give me over 30 download but the upload was 4.9 all day. He said he is going to have a field tech look into it for me after I told him my next step was going through BBB to get what I was paying for. He did mention possible node problem

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state
said by bshampine:

I was direct connected during speed test. Im using a moto sb6121 at the moment. I had a tech here sunday and he was confused also. So I had him phone in a lower my speed to turbo and wa la im pulling 20+ download and 1.9 upload then he had them raise me back to 50/5 and it wouldnt give me over 30 download but the upload was 4.9 all day. He said he is going to have a field tech look into it for me after I told him my next step was going through BBB to get what I was paying for. He did mention possible node problem

Your signals look good. I bet your problem would be solved with a docsis 3.0 modem (6141).

Fleeced

reply to bshampine
The 6121 is a Docsis 3 modem. It's only got 4 channels vs the 8 the 6141 has, so that's not the issue. Could simply be a bad modem, have you tried a different modem in general (IE: the tech put another modem to see if it's the modem or something else?)

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY
reply to bshampine
Yes ive used the new arris dg860 and the ubee model gateways still the same problem. So idk?

Fleeced

reply to bshampine
Could possibly be a node issue like the tech said, which may take forever to get fixed. Just keep complaining and asking for credits.

SyphonBW

join:2004-02-24
Alliance, OH
I said that early in the thread lol

TWCdude

join:2006-04-28
San Antonio, TX
kudos:23
reply to bshampine
If it was a capacity issue the speeds would be all over the place. If the speeds were 10M in the morning and 5m at night and full speeds in the middle of the night it would probably be capacity. If your getting the 20M consistency it might be something closer to the pc causing the problem. On some rare occurrences I found the customers NIC cards and sometimes the ethernet cable was defective. Another thing it might be a firewall issue I seen that cause your internet to be have its speeds capped a few times.

JimMcCoy

join:2011-08-20
Jacksonville, NC
reply to bshampine
Out of curiosity, what is the make/model of your NIC?

G0d

join:2012-11-29
reply to bshampine
Try using a different pc or a different browser other than internet explorer.

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY
reply to bshampine
Ive done speed test with my pc running xp and my wifes laptop (wired) using vista and get the same speed test. Like I said when I upgrade more then turbo is when the problems start happen. I had extreme 30/5 could only pull maybe 15 down if lucky, so I upgraded to ultimate 50/5 and could only pull 25 down if lucky so its pretty much giving me half the speed. So i lower my stuff to turbo 15/2 and pulling 20+ down which had the tech scratching his head. Anymore idea's?

Fleeced

reply to bshampine
out of curiosity, what do you get on TWC's speettest site?

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY
Same. The tech said they went to a meeting and they told him at the meeting not to even use their own speed test anymore just run with speedtest.net lol. So idk im confused!

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to bshampine
said by bshampine:

I was direct connected during speed test. Im using a moto sb6121 at the moment.

Its sounds like you usually use a wifi connection. Did you disable the wifi adapter when you ran the test? Windows isn't terribly smart about using the hardwire link when both connections are available.

If you use a Wifi-G you need to upgrade to Wifi-N to get the full 50mbps speed.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY
Listen... I have a desktop and a laptop I have tried hardwire and wireless even disconnected wireless on laptop and wired in and get them same results with my wife mothers laptop

bshampine

Gouverneur, NY
reply to bshampine
ok here our the test with road runner turbo 20/2 and running wireless!!!