Viet Vet
Support Our Troops
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Baldwin, NY

Viet Vet

Premium Member

[DVR] DVR Programing

We just came over to FIOS from Cablevision and I have some questions about the FIOS DVR. I can not find a setting that allows you to record 1st run shows only in a specific time period. If you use the "Record Series" option for a specific show, the DVR seems to record all shows in that series played that day on that channel.

Thank you
VV
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

In the series manager, select your show and then there is an option called 'Air Time'. In that menu you can specify "Any Time" or "Selected Show Time".
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to Viet Vet

to Viet Vet
When you create a series using the "with options" choice you can set the series to record first run only and no duplicates. You need to select Record Series with Options, not Record Series, from the information screen for a program in the guide.

Viet Vet
Support Our Troops
Premium Member
Baldwin, NY

Viet Vet

Premium Member

Thank You Both, I will check it out.

VV
Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

Shady Bimmer to Viet Vet

Premium Member

to Viet Vet
In the DVR menu you can also set your default series options that will apply for future additions without the need for you to specifically set them each time:

Menu -> DVR -> Settings -> Default Series Options

You can check/change existing series settings without having to remove/re-add them:

Menu -> DVR -> Manage Series Recordings

Viet Vet
Support Our Troops
Premium Member
Baldwin, NY

Viet Vet

Premium Member

said by Shady Bimmer:

In the DVR menu you can also set your default series options that will apply for future additions without the need for you to specifically set them each time:

Menu -> DVR -> Settings -> Default Series Options

You can check/change existing series settings without having to remove/re-add them:

Menu -> DVR -> Manage Series Recordings

Roger That

Thank you
VV