MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed to Mele20

MVM

to Mele20

Re: [poll] What will happen with Win8?

Turn off the Aero stuff in Win 7 then for gods sake - yes - it is that easy. The Start button in Win 7 is finally a functional button. When compared to XP - the Win 7 Start button is a correct and fully functional Start button.

I personally hate the Win 8 screen - I would have to use Classic Shell and if I would have to do that to get a good OS - then I don't see why I would even want it.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

Turn off Aero? That has NOTHING to do with the ugliness of Win 7 GUI. Win 8 DESKTOP GUI (not Metro) is great. It is sleek and fast looking. Very nice. Win 7 GUI with or without Aero (I had Win 7 beta on a virtual machine so no Aero) is awful...fat and bloated looking..rounded, swelled up bloated looking corners. I believe Microsoft said it was that way so it looked "3D". It just looked fat, slow and bloated to me. Win 8 has square corners just like XP and earlier.
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

1 recommendation

NoHereNoMo

Win7 "looks slow"? (That's about the strangest thing I've ever heard said about an OS.) XP has rounded corners BTW (at the top--very visible).

Win8 is Microsoft's worst brain fart since WinMe. (Vista barely registered on the M$ Phart-o-meter.) I mean, if you want to put the Windows Phone OS UI on a tablet, then go right ahead; that even makes some sense. But on a desktop? ...that's just the dumbest thing that they could do.

Bob. Clippy. The Ribbon. And now... Win8. For every NT, XP, and Win7 that M$ comes out with, there's an equal & opposite utter failure. Well, maybe this failure will be yet another learning experience.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

said by NoHereNoMo:

Win8 is Microsoft's worst brain fart since WinMe.

No, sorry, but WinME was not nearly that bad.