TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 edit

TSI Marc

Premium Member

[DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Québec - Update

Please note that these are not yet available at this time. We can not take orders with these rates yet. This post is for discussion purposes only and will only be discussed here. Our associates will not be able to answer inquiries about these rates or packages.

Hey Gang,

Voiçi nos prix pour le Québec.

Here's what we're looking at for Bell territory in Quebec

6/0.8 mbps
75 Gigs - $26.99
300 Gigs - $32.99
Illimité/Unlimited - $39.99

7/1 mbps (FTTN)
75 Gigs - $25.99
300 Gigs - $30.99
Illimité/Unlimited - $39.99

15/1 mbps (FTTN)
300 Gigs - $39.99
Illimité/Unlimited - $54.99

25/10 mbps (FTTN) Requires VDSL modem
300 Gigs - $44.99
Illimité/Unlimited - $64.99

50 mbps (FTTN) Requires VDSL modem
300 Gigs - $59.99
Illimité/Unlimited - $89.99

- Pour les plan limité - Illimité entre 2h et 8h avant midi./On plans that have usage caps - unlimited between 2am and 8am
- usage is to be measured by counting downloads only
- overages will be billed at 0.25$/GB with a max of $25
- Install/Setup - $50
- Install Dry Loop - $0

For Dry Loop monthly to be waived - signup for our Unlimited TekTalk Digital Home Phone service.

Vntalk
Premium Member
join:2005-03-15

Vntalk

Premium Member

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Québec Update

Dry Loop is for 6/0.8 mbps only right ? Specificly if i choose one of the FTTN plan and don't have Tektalk, technically i don't have to pay for dry loop ?!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Vntalk:

Dry Loop is for 6/0.8 mbps only right ? Specificly if i choose one of the FTTN plan and don't have Tektalk, technically i don't have to pay for dry loop ?!

You need our TekTalk service to have the monthly Dry Loop fee waived.

cognizantt6
join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Québec - Update

i'm on 6/0.8 dsl montreal.

how do i know if i can get on FTTN 7/1

i'm planning on getting your tektalk which gives free dryloop, once you announce the price of the new ata.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by cognizantt6:

i'm on 6/0.8 dsl montreal.

how do i know if i can get on FTTN 7/1

i'm planning on getting your tektalk which gives free dryloop, once you announce the price of the new ata.

once we go live you'll be able to see what you qualify for...

if you can get a higher speed.. you can also get 7 meg

cognizantt6
join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC

cognizantt6 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
k thanks

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

Jay_P to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc

The differences between QC and ON is just weird but thank you for making an effort.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Jay_P:

The differences between QC and ON is just weird but thank you for making an effort.

this is exactly the reason I posted "regular" rates and promo rates initially.. to highlight that I didn't agree with it either! - it's out of my hands though.

these rates, are pretty kickass though.

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by TSI Marc:

these rates, are pretty kickass though.

The $0.25/GB, $25 max overage, free upload + 2am-8am will surely help

I can go with the 300 GB plan now.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

to be honest. these are better rates than we've ever had.. combined with everything else.. it's a great time..

I suppose you could argue that the speeds still aren't that high.. but 25 is nothing to laugh at.. and 15 at these rates is pretty damn sweet. it's the new 5meg speed from 5 year ago...

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by TSI Marc:

to be honest. these are better rates than we've ever had.. combined with everything else.. it's a great time..

I suppose you could argue that the speeds still aren't that high.. but 25 is nothing to laugh at.. and 15 at these rates is pretty damn sweet. it's the new 5meg speed from 5 year ago...

What I like about it is that you're not forcing a dry loop so people with home phone can get an even bigger discount.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Jay_P:

said by TSI Marc:

What I like about it is that you're not forcing a dry loop so people with home phone can get an even bigger discount.

exactly! and even those with a dry loop.. thinking that math is still pretty damn close.

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by TSI Marc:

exactly! and even those with a dry loop.. thinking that math is still pretty damn close.

Yep if they add a dry loop it's ~$2-4 higher than Ebox (depending on band) but they also get an extra 50 GB and a max overage to top it off. I say it's a #win
Jack17
join:2008-08-25
Sherbrooke, QC

Jack17 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Why no 75G plan on 15/1 and 25/10 ?

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

300 GB is now cheaper than the pricing they last posted for 75 GB so they probably didn't have much to work with in terms of margins.
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member
join:2008-07-31

JonyBelGeul to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Those are better than the first proposed rates. Combined with the free dry-loop for TekTalk, it's better still. I have a few questions though.

- I assume you eliminated the 75GB tiers for some services. Will you add this tier back at some point?

- Are these new proposed rates contingent on your new overage scheme?

- I have DSL16/300, will the rates become automatically active, and if yes, will the service be automatically brought in line with the current speed as well, i.e. from 16/1 to 15/1?

Neither of those questions matter much to me personally, I'm happy with a price drop, 1Mbps less is nothing compared to the associated price drop, I never hit the cap, and I don't need a lower priced 75GB tier though I did petition for its addition last year if you remember. I'd just like to know what to expect, and I'm curious.

For the 75GB tiers, the arguments in favor of keeping them are the same as they were for introducing them last year. But then again, your new proposed rates for the 300GB tiers are cheaper than the current rates for the 75GB tiers. My guess is you're trying to simplify? I agree with that.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Jack17

Premium Member

to Jack17
said by Jack17:

Why no 75G plan on 15/1 and 25/10 ?

with the new rates being so aggresive it just didn't make sense.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to JonyBelGeul

Premium Member

to JonyBelGeul
said by JonyBelGeul:

Those are better than the first proposed rates. Combined with the free dry-loop for TekTalk, it's better still. I have a few questions though.

- I assume you eliminated the 75GB tiers for some services. Will you add this tier back at some point?

- Are these new proposed rates contingent on your new overage scheme?

- I have DSL16/300, will the rates become automatically active, and if yes, will the service be automatically brought in line with the current speed as well, i.e. from 16/1 to 15/1?

Neither of those questions matter much to me personally, I'm happy with a price drop, 1Mbps less is nothing compared to the associated price drop, I never hit the cap, and I don't need a lower priced 75GB tier though I did petition for its addition last year if you remember. I'd just like to know what to expect, and I'm curious.

For the 75GB tiers, the arguments in favor of keeping them are the same as they were for introducing them last year. But then again, your new proposed rates for the 300GB tiers are cheaper than the current rates for the 75GB tiers. My guess is you're trying to simplify? I agree with that.

yeah simplifying was a part of it too. but just looking at the prices.. there's very little room left!

for the 16 speed.. we're likely to leave you there and just give you the 15meg price automatically..
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member

JonyBelGeul

Premium Member

Oh, bonus! Yay! Either way, I'm happy.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by JonyBelGeul:

great!
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member

JonyBelGeul to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

I compared your new rates to Ebox's new rates. Yours are aggressive indeed. Ebox is offering free dry-loop on all tiers right off the bat though. The potential savings isn't that great in my opinion, only about 2$ for the DSL15/250. But then when the customer has POTS, he pays a bit more with Ebox than with TSI. And then, the customer pays even more with Ebox compared to TSI's TekTalk due to free dry-loop there. My guess is you've been looking at Ebox's rates too, right? You've been a naughty boy, you have!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

j'donne pas ma place... ca c'est certain.

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by TSI Marc:

j'donne pas ma place... ca c'est certain.

Bravo and you managed to do it without gouging people $0.50/GB with no max overage. It took some cojones.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

tx!
simsin0
join:2008-01-06

simsin0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
im in the same boat! Very happy to hear this!
Thanks Marc!
I might consider the 50/10 if price is right. Otherwise dont feel like it's worth jumping to 25 from 16 as it isnt a huge difference.
simsin0

simsin0 to Jay_P

to Jay_P
Maybe I missed something. I don't quite understand this? How does having POTS make the above outlined plans cheaper?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Thanks so much for finding a way to improve it marc!

I will be definitely switching to 15/1 in May

Jay_P
Montreal, QC

1 edit

Jay_P to simsin0

to simsin0
said by simsin0:

Maybe I missed something. I don't quite understand this? How does having POTS make the above outlined plans cheaper?

Providers like Ebox are charging the same rate whether you have a wet loop or not, TSI is giving us enough of a break to get the dry loop or pay less by using our wet loops.
simsin0
join:2008-01-06

simsin0

Yea the price is definately A-OK! For people like myself who do have a POTS.

I thought I missed an added incentive for people that aren't going to be getting the FREE DRYLOOP.

I get it the price of the dryloop is incorporated in the savings.

Teksavvy 0wns!

now just need to see what Marc has planned for the 50/10
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member

JonyBelGeul

Premium Member

Compare DSL15/250-300 with/without dry-loop, Ebox and TSI, include TekTalk for TSI's offering. Ebox price is same with/without dry-loop. TSI charges dry-loop for stand-alone DSL, but does not charge dry-loop when combined with TekTalk.

Ebox

44.95 DSL15/250, includes dry-loop
Add VOIP price on top, price above same

TSI

39.99 + 7.25 DSL15/300, 47.24, 2.29 more than Ebox dry-loop
Add POTS, subtract 7.25 dry-loop
Add TekTalk, subtract 7.25 dry-loop
64.99 for POTS, 4.91 less than Ebox
62.94 for TekTalk, 6.96 less than Ebox

Only instance where Ebox is cheaper is dry-loop stand-alone. Otherwise, TSI cheaper due to removal of dry-loop fee from addition of POTS or TekTalk.

I'll say it again, Marc, smart move to offer free dry-loop for TekTalk.