Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JonyBelGeul

join:2008-07-31
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Québec - Update

Oh, bonus! Yay! Either way, I'm happy.

I compared your new rates to Ebox's new rates. Yours are aggressive indeed. Ebox is offering free dry-loop on all tiers right off the bat though. The potential savings isn't that great in my opinion, only about 2$ for the DSL15/250. But then when the customer has POTS, he pays a bit more with Ebox than with TSI. And then, the customer pays even more with Ebox compared to TSI's TekTalk due to free dry-loop there. My guess is you've been looking at Ebox's rates too, right? You've been a naughty boy, you have!
--
My blog. Wanna Git My Ball on Blogspot.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

j'donne pas ma place... ca c'est certain.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bbwarrior

join:2005-12-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

said by TSI Marc:

j'donne pas ma place... ca c'est certain.

Bravo and you managed to do it without gouging people $0.50/GB with no max overage. It took some cojones.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

tx!

simsin0

join:2008-01-06
reply to TSI Marc

im in the same boat! Very happy to hear this!
Thanks Marc!
I might consider the 50/10 if price is right. Otherwise dont feel like it's worth jumping to 25 from 16 as it isnt a huge difference.

simsin0

reply to bbwarrior

Maybe I missed something. I don't quite understand this? How does having POTS make the above outlined plans cheaper?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to TSI Marc

Thanks so much for finding a way to improve it marc!

I will be definitely switching to 15/1 in May

bbwarrior

join:2005-12-12
Saint-Laurent, QC

1 edit
reply to simsin0

said by simsin0:

Maybe I missed something. I don't quite understand this? How does having POTS make the above outlined plans cheaper?

Providers like Ebox are charging the same rate whether you have a wet loop or not, TSI is giving us enough of a break to get the dry loop or pay less by using our wet loops.

simsin0

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Yea the price is definately A-OK! For people like myself who do have a POTS.

I thought I missed an added incentive for people that aren't going to be getting the FREE DRYLOOP.

I get it the price of the dryloop is incorporated in the savings.

Teksavvy 0wns!

now just need to see what Marc has planned for the 50/10

JonyBelGeul

Compare DSL15/250-300 with/without dry-loop, Ebox and TSI, include TekTalk for TSI's offering. Ebox price is same with/without dry-loop. TSI charges dry-loop for stand-alone DSL, but does not charge dry-loop when combined with TekTalk.

Ebox

44.95 DSL15/250, includes dry-loop
Add VOIP price on top, price above same

TSI

39.99 + 7.25 DSL15/300, 47.24, 2.29 more than Ebox dry-loop
Add POTS, subtract 7.25 dry-loop
Add TekTalk, subtract 7.25 dry-loop
64.99 for POTS, 4.91 less than Ebox
62.94 for TekTalk, 6.96 less than Ebox

Only instance where Ebox is cheaper is dry-loop stand-alone. Otherwise, TSI cheaper due to removal of dry-loop fee from addition of POTS or TekTalk.

I'll say it again, Marc, smart move to offer free dry-loop for TekTalk.
--

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22
reply to TSI Marc

Why still no prices for 50?

inferno_gn
Premium
join:2007-02-26
Verdun, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Hi there,

With the price drop, maybe I can get the 25mpbs bump, but I guess my area won't be having that soon as this sector can only go to 16 mpbs and the rental of the modem (again), doesn't really make it worth it.

Ju Leon...
--
Otaku Anime Network
»www.otakuanime.com/

Evo

@199.202.95.x
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

25/10 mbps (FTTN) Requires VDSL modem
300 Gigs - $44.99
Illimité/Unlimited - $64.99

How much is the rental going to cost around?

What if I were able to get my hands onto one, by any chance can it get waived?

Thanks

simsin0

I believe it was mentionned previously that they are looking at purchase options for modems. (But it wasn't official as of yet)

Seb851
Future Shop Staff

join:2010-07-12
Sainte-Marthe-Sur-Le-Lac, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Question c'est tu dans vos plan d'avoir acces au reseau FTTH de Bell ?

padenom

join:2008-03-28
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Will the DSl 6.0/0.8 - > 7/1 FTTN incur changes to users?

cognizantt

join:2009-06-13
Montreal, QC

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

i'm guessing yes. i looked at their website and any time a speed change is done, there are fees involved.
speed change fee - 20$
start up fee - 95$
DSL activation fee discount - -20$
it's enough to put me off 7mb fttn.
the 25/10 is interesting tho - 8$ (whoa big drop indeed) lower charge monthly and i read tsi may put up their own modem for purchase. but again, on a budget, the total start up costs with purchase of modem is prohibitive for me.
maybe we'll luck out and for 7mb fttn something reasonable will happen.
i'm trying to remember to do speedtests - i seem to be only getting 5.2mb/630 on my 6/800 line. i'll pop in an inquiry to the direct forum if this is what i'm consistently getting over time.

Pardesi

join:2013-03-06
reply to TSI Marc

So there is no more free dryloop ?

So EB offer is better for people who don't need phone line at home as they include free dryloop and there unlimited period is for halfday 2am to 2 pm.

BTW if people were taking dryloop it was because they didn't need any home phone line so I really don't understand TSI offer :S

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to simsin0

said by simsin0:

I believe it was mentionned previously that they are looking at purchase options for modems. (But it wasn't official as of yet)

They are allowed to sell them now, Ebox has the Sagecom for $120 so I imagine TS will be similar

»www.electronicbox.net/en/quebec/···are.html

JonyBelGeul

reply to Pardesi

said by Pardesi:

So there is no more free dryloop ?

So EB offer is better for people who don't need phone line at home as they include free dryloop and there unlimited period is for halfday 2am to 2 pm.

BTW if people were taking dryloop it was because they didn't need any home phone line so I really don't understand TSI offer :S

Free dry-loop for TekTalk makes a lot of sense if you want to get rid of your Bell/Videotron phone line but still need a phone line. Lots of TSI customers like that. It's even an incentive to switch to TSI DSL from whatever you got. This is a much smarter move than just free dry-loop, if you consider my price comparison above.
--

Dunlop

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by JonyBelGeul:

Free dry-loop for TekTalk makes a lot of sense if you want to get rid of your Bell/Videotron phone line but still need a phone line. Lots of TSI customers like that. It's even an incentive to switch to TSI DSL from whatever you got. This is a much smarter move than just free dry-loop, if you consider my price comparison above.

It makes business sense for Teksavvy to get people off the unprofitable POTS lines but removes options for others who would prefer a free dryloop.

As an example my entire bill from VOIP.ms for the month of February was $4.15 with the premium routing option -181 calls, 6hours 50 mins. If I chose the value routing it would be half of that.

Now the question is Bell not charging a Dryloop fee for FTTN connections or is Teksavvy eating the cost? If it is the former than that kinda sucks, the latter than it is a good deal

Pardesi

reply to JonyBelGeul

I don't have any home phone line and i don't need any as I have my cell phone. Why on earth I will have dryloop if I had phone line at home.

So for people like me who don't need any phone line have to pay extra to be at TSI as compared to EB.

Purpose of dryloop is not to have phone line so I sill don't understand the TSI offer. Maybe for people who want to get rid of their Bell line but they could have done it even without TSI offer.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Huh? Bell charges for the dry loop fee. eBox chose to eat the fee, TSI did not. Part of the promotion for the high-end VoIP service is that TSI will eat the dry loop fee for you. It's pretty simple, I'm not sure where you're confused...
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

Dunlop

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·ELECTRONICBOX

1 edit

Another site (digitalforum)said Bell was having a promo for IISP's that they were waiving dry loop fees, around the same time Ebox started taking off the dry loop fees. It was never officially confirmed but with profit margins being so small I found it hard to believe that Ebox would be capable of eating a dryloop fee (back when I had TSI mine was was $12 a month)

As I mentioned, if there is a fee then Tektalk makes a lot of sense

edit:digital home, not digital forum

Zenphic

join:2007-03-05
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

I'm currently on the 6/0.8 mbps service with 300 Gigs and I see that the 7/1 mbps (FTTN) with 300 gigs will be cheaper with the new rates. Will switching to this service be easy? Any fees? Any disadvantages/advantages of FTTN? Thanks!

Pardesi

reply to Dunlop

Even Marc said that when they first made the new offer topic, the dryloop was free because Bell was offerting it to FFTN lines, and someone asked if TSI was eating the price of dryloop and Marc replied not really. So dryloop is free but now TSI want to make more profit and not offer it anymore

Dunlop

Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·ELECTRONICBOX

you're right (at least it seems to be the case for Acanac, Start and Ebox)

said by Diskace :
This is a promotion for 2013. If you take advantage of the free dryloop promotion it will be grandfathered for your service address.

We do absorb the cost of dryloop in some circumstances and in other it is free.

»New pricing 2013 - Nouveau prix 2013

Still not a horrible deal, but with Quebeckers always getting the shaft vs Ontario even though the tarrif seems to be the same this would be a good way to cut us some slack :P

corkyy

join:2008-06-01
Laval, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

Free dryloop come down to cheaper in my case. I'll be going with 25/10 on dryloop, with static ip.

Ebox would be 2.45$ cheaper, if I'm still band B after moving.

I would loose the usenet access witch I like using. Of course I'd like to spend less, but 2.45$ a month for the piece of mind for having a good isp is nothing.

Even better when all of this, plus a cheap reliable DID voip come down to less than what I was paying for 6/800 + POTS.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

Just posted the 50/10 rates

300 Gigs - $59.99
Illimité/Unlimited - $89.99
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

Oh man, I'm all over that. I would be more all over it if we had the Ontario pricing, but beggars can't be choosers :P

What's the max overage on 50/10?
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org