how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ColdAssassin3

join:2009-01-06
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario - Update

So is the bell.ca site reliable because it says that I can get 50/10. If it reasonably priced then I might as well get that speed.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

said by ColdAssassin3:

So is the bell.ca site reliable because it says that I can get 50/10. If it reasonably priced then I might as well get that speed.

The bell site should be reliable.. ours should be too.. we just dont offer the 7 meg option today.. so it wont list it but I believe our qualification to be pretty good.

for the 50/10.. I'm still waiting on details for it but I'll be happy to put it up once I have those details.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Wow I am paying $45.99 right now for 16/1 (300 gig) and at the new 15/1 pricing it's only $32.99...that is a huge cost saving! Any idea when these prices will kick in and will accounts be automatically adjusted accordingly?

ColdAssassin3

join:2009-01-06
reply to TSI Marc

Are we going to be able to buy the modems or will there still be a rental fee?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by ColdAssassin3:

Are we going to be able to buy the modems or will there still be a rental fee?

Yes. purchase option will be available. I'm still working on that part...

worked out the overages yesterday..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to DrZEUS

said by DrZEUS:

Wow I am paying $45.99 right now for 16/1 (300 gig) and at the new 15/1 pricing it's only $32.99...that is a huge cost saving! Any idea when these prices will kick in and will accounts be automatically adjusted accordingly?

no you'll have to request a change.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

Yeah these prices mesh better with the landline phone increase now as well. Thanks Marc... your hard work has made this more reasonable now.
--
BHell... A Public Futility.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

thanks!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to DrZEUS

said by DrZEUS:

actually, what we're likely to do is to give you the 15 meg price but leave you at your current speed..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Calmuser

join:2011-10-27
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

So if you are currently on the 15/1 plan, do you have to send in a request to get the new pricing? (once it takes effect of course)

Or will you be automatically converting all current 15/1 plans to the new pricing?

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
reply to TSI Marc

The current 15 plan has a vdsl modem listed for
ZyXel VSG 1432 VDSL2 Gateway (Modem/4 ports/Wireless) $130.00
Isn't it as allowing a person to bring your own modem for the higher tiers or does Bell want to only allow the Sagecom?

mikee

join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Will the rogers speeds be getting a make over too or is this just for DSL?

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

yeah.. there's really no point with the 10meg.. i supose i could put it up there but it would the same price as the 15 meg... it would just look weird.

Well the 1 point I would put in would be for your support staff.

As they will have to deal with the users who are complaining about not getting 15mb on their plan! even if they can't get it with their lines.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to bjlockie

said by bjlockie:

The current 15 plan has a vdsl modem listed for
ZyXel VSG 1432 VDSL2 Gateway (Modem/4 ports/Wireless) $130.00
Isn't it as allowing a person to bring your own modem for the higher tiers or does Bell want to only allow the Sagecom?

with the 15/1 meg speeds nearly any modem will work.

the ZyXel will *not* work on the 25/10meg (well, technically it probably does on non-stinger remotes but they wont certify it either way)
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Calmuser

said by Calmuser:

said by TSI Marc:

yeah.. there's really no point with the 10meg.. i supose i could put it up there but it would the same price as the 15 meg... it would just look weird.

As they will have to deal with the users who are complaining about not getting 15mb on their plan! even if they can't get it with their lines.

I'm not aware that that's a huge problem... is it?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to mikee

said by mikee:

Will the rogers speeds be getting a make over too or is this just for DSL?

Rogers rates are not likely to change.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Calmuser

Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by Calmuser:

said by TSI Marc:

I'm not aware that that's a huge problem... is it?

Maybe not. But I can see some users complaining about not getting the speeds their paying for. They see 15 and if their only getting 10, they will complain even if its up to.

I'm just theorizing from what i've seen on other forums about speeds and such. I could be wrong.

Hopefully it won't be a problem since TekSavvy users, should be Teksavvy, correct?

DrZEUS

join:2004-01-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by DrZEUS:

actually, what we're likely to do is to give you the 15 meg price but leave you at your current speed..

Ok when can I do this? Thanks Marc!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Calmuser

yeah some users who are currently on 10 would get the 15 price but would say 10meg speed on their invoice.. but on the site it will be 15meg speed with same price...

they'd have to ask to be upgraded for $25...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to DrZEUS

it will be a couple weeks most likely... there are so many details to iron out. this is a pretty massive shift.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Calmuser

Canada
reply to TSI Marc

okay, I'm prob over thinking the problem (if there even is one!)

I think you missed one post I made earlier.

For the current 15/1 subscribers, do we need to do anything to get the new prices once they come into effect?

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

said by DrZEUS:

This I like!

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Rogers rates are not likely to change.

With your spectacular tiers/pricing you guys ought to get a promo going with NetFlix Canada. They promote you and vice versa. Quadruple your users and really knock Rogers/Bell out of the ballpark.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1

Except that promoting NetFlix like that would increase traffic, dramatically if such a promo worked well, during peak hours, which would erase any potential earnings.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to Calmuser

said by Calmuser:

okay, I'm prob over thinking the problem (if there even is one!)

I think you missed one post I made earlier.

For the current 15/1 subscribers, do we need to do anything to get the new prices once they come into effect?

yeah I think it's not an issue.. I've never heard of it if it is..

for existing 15/1 you would automatically get the new rates.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc

Man I really wish my street would get FTTN already... these prices are soooo good. And I am already considering a switch from Vonage to TekTalk.

lleader

join:2011-01-01
Mississauga, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

I think these rates are down right stupid good!

I agree! I've been on 25/7 for a year now and am so happy about the pending prices I'll even forgive you for the home phone increase.

futureboy

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

I know your hands are tied, but paying $25 to upgrade to a speed you're already paying for is not going to make many people happy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON

said by futureboy :

I know your hands are tied, but paying $25 to upgrade to a speed you're already paying for is not going to make many people happy

I honestly haven't done the math of how many there are in total. if we moved them.. we'd be eating that $25... I'll have a look. if there aren't that many I may just fix it all up.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

llort

join:2006-10-30
Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Can people on 15/1 get 15/10 if technology permits and if they bring their own Sagemcom modem? If so the price would be the same right?