nanook
Premium,MVM
join:2007-12-02
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to bjlockie

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario - Update

Thanks. So it's not only me who's wondering

3. I have an old pre-VDSL Corning POTS splitter. I bought it and installed it myself but it's the same model Bhell used to install on business lines. If I want to get VDSL service do I need to replace it? If not, does that simplify or reduce the cost of installation?

steve1976

join:2013-02-21
reply to TSI Marc

These new prices are now on the website does that mean we can order them?

I am currently on the 6mb plan, and want to move to either 15 or 25mb.

Any idea?

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc

Well, apparently I'm the first to upgrade to 50/10 on TSI (at least the rep who just placed my order thought so).

March 25th/26th I guess my speed change will go through. Of course, my awesome Sagemcom 2864 will probably have different opinions.

New pricing really is great. 50/10/300GB even with the modem rental and dry loop is still working out to the same price I'm paying for the 25/10 right now. Once the modem rental fee can be dropped it'll save the $8.

Good stuff TSI.

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to nanook

said by nanook:

3. I have an old pre-VDSL Corning POTS splitter. I bought it and installed it myself but it's the same model Bhell used to install on business lines. If I want to get VDSL service do I need to replace it? If not, does that simplify or reduce the cost of installation?

I suspect you'll still be paying full installation price. Good luck.

said by SimplePanda:

Well, apparently I'm the first to upgrade to 50/10 on TSI (at least the rep who just placed my order thought so).

March 25th/26th I guess my speed change will go through. Of course, my awesome Sagemcom 2864 will probably have different opinions.

Hopefully you don't need bridge mode at that speed.

--
Everything Apple

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to nanook

Because not everyone will have a line that can support those speeds.

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Eug

said by Eug:

said by nanook:

said by SimplePanda:

As far as I know you always pay install price when moving from a CO plan to a remote plan.

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to steve1976

said by steve1976:

These new prices are now on the website does that mean we can order them?

I am currently on the 6mb plan, and want to move to either 15 or 25mb.

Any idea?

The website is not done, I would wait.
15/1 or 15/10?

I'm debating 25/10 now and 45/4 cable in 5+ months or 50/10 now and no cable.
Or I could leave TekSavvy and go to 45/4 cable now.

RuralOtt

join:2004-12-07
K2G
reply to bjlockie

said by bjlockie:

1. No idea.

2. $25 ($50 - $25 promotion)

There is a $25 promotion? I didn't notice it mentioned earlier.

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Poser

said by Poser:

That's the plus about 50/10, guaranteed sync.

Poser

join:2002-07-28
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

said by bjlockie:

said by Poser:

Bell's website says 50/10 is available on my line. Teksavvy's website only shows 25/10 available. Which one is more likely to be correct? I've had 25/7 service before from Bell.

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to RuralOtt

said by RuralOtt:

said by bjlockie:

1. No idea.

2. $25 ($50 - $25 promotion)

There is a $25 promotion? I didn't notice it mentioned earlier.

They call it 'DSL activation fee discount' but who knows how long it is for.
It is NOT for the /10 upload plans though.

Ares45
Premium
join:2007-11-14
Toronto, ON
reply to Poser

said by Poser:

said by bjlockie:

said by Poser:

Bell's website says 50/10 is available on my line. Teksavvy's website only shows 25/10 available. Which one is more likely to be correct? I've had 25/7 service before from Bell.

Same

pvanb

join:2009-08-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to steve1976

Same boat here. Hoping there's some information coming about what's involved in upgrading.

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Eug

said by Eug:

said by nanook:

said by SimplePanda:

I do.

I have a Zyxel on order. If it gets here before Tek upgrades me great, otherwise I'll "trudge" along with the 35Mbps or so until it arrives. hehe.

steve1976

reply to Ares45

Same here also, I am in a new subdivision and I always thought i could get 50/10.

steve1976

reply to SimplePanda

said by SimplePanda:

New pricing really is great. 50/10/300GB even with the modem rental and dry loop is still working out to the same price I'm paying for the 25/10 right now. Once the modem rental fee can be dropped it'll save the $8.

Good stuff TSI.

Did you just call in an upgrade? Did the Teksavvy Rep's know what to do?

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by steve1976:

said by SimplePanda:

Good stuff TSI.

Did you just call in an upgrade? Did the Teksavvy Rep's know what to do?

I did. Rep knew what the plan was but wasn't sure exactly what the details were (upgrade fees, plan cost, etc). Was on hold about 10 minutes while he worked it out. Pretty painless.

Kabuki

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc

So are these prices now active as they are on the website?

I am on the 6mb DSL package now, can I begin to upgrade to either the 15mb or 25mb package?

Anyone have any ideas?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to SimplePanda

we're launching Bell-ON/QC, Cogeco-ON, Telus and Shaw rates today... still deploying some of the bits now but essentially any of those can be ordered once we're done with the deployment.

The Cogeco one is taking a bit longer as it has a new qualification tool that goes live too.

Internally, nearly every system is getting tweaked also.. this has been in the works since last year... the MyWorld portal will get features disabled until we can re-add them... upgrading speeds and stuff like that will not work for now.

There are simply too many changes to cover everything all at once.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON

Oh, I see online a new plan that wasn't listed here in this thread...

15/10 - $34.99 - Very nice!

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

we're launching Bell-ON/QC, Cogeco-ON, Telus and Shaw rates today... still deploying some of the bits now but essentially any of those can be ordered once we're done with the deployment.

The Cogeco one is taking a bit longer as it has a new qualification tool that goes live too.

Internally, nearly every system is getting tweaked also.. this has been in the works since last year... the MyWorld portal will get features disabled until we can re-add them... upgrading speeds and stuff like that will not work for now.

There are simply too many changes to cover everything all at once.

For those of us not making any changes...the new rates will just roll over on our next months invoice(s)?

Also, how can I transition to dryloop and Tektalk vs my current pots resell wet loop + 15/1....

Should I just wait? Should I make contact in the direct forum? Should I do a dance in the middle of the street?

nanook
Premium,MVM
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to bbhog

said by bbhog:

Oh, I see online a new plan that wasn't listed here in this thread...

15/10 - $34.99 - Very nice!

N.B. that there's a mandatory $8/month modem rental fee on that plan so if you already have an ADSL modem, the difference between 15/1 and 15/10 is $10.

bbhog

join:2010-07-05
North York, ON

Ahh, good point nanook.

nanook
Premium,MVM
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to SimplePanda

said by SimplePanda See ProfileAs far as I know you always pay install price when moving from a CO plan to a remote plan.

I'm already on a remote. Do you mean moving from copper to FTTN?

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to nitzguy

said by nitzguy:

For those of us not making any changes...the new rates will just roll over on our next months invoice(s)?

Also, how can I transition to dryloop and Tektalk vs my current pots resell wet loop + 15/1....

Should I just wait? Should I make contact in the direct forum? Should I do a dance in the middle of the street?

If there are new changes, it should just roll over.

As for TekTalk, ask in the direct forum or call them.

mario9999998

join:2000-08-25
Canada
reply to TSI Marc

When there is a lease-to-own modem purchase program, will months already paid for rental act as credit towards that cost?

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by mario9999998:

When there is a lease-to-own modem purchase program, will months already paid for rental act as credit towards that cost?

My guess is that as soon as there is a lease-to-own program, rental costs will start counting.

Previous rental costs probably won't count.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to nitzguy

said by nitzguy:

Should I do a dance in the middle of the street?

only if you share the video of it!

personally, for those on legacy 6 meg.. if you have a wet loop.. I'd actually stay there just because all the FTTN stuff actually performs better.. we'll be telling our reps the same thing. it's not that it doesn't work.. it will surely work but we just have a better certainty that it will work on newer infrastructure.

If you're upgrading to 15/1.. you should be able to do that now. the dry loop install fees should now be waived.

The TekTalk stuff, I don't believe that's getting rolled out today. But once it does, anybody on it will have everything adjusted accordingly.. everybody gets the same deal...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON

Why do I only qualify for 25/10 with Teksavvy, but qualify for 50/10 with Bell?

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

said by Theriex:

Why do I only qualify for 25/10 with Teksavvy, but qualify for 50/10 with Bell?

Same thing for my postal code.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!