kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario - Update

said by TSI Marc:

said by Theriex:

I didn't see any second check. Still comes up as 25/10 max. Both Bell and Start give me 50/10 with my full address.

try to order it... it will do a second check.

Unless I'm missing something, you can't order without entering the postal code, and once its got that, it does not show DSL 50 for me... if I go ahead with the ordering info it continues to show everything as DSL25...
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

Theriex

join:2010-09-19
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Ya I don't want to order unless it shows 50/10. I also want want to make sure it's under my current CID and that my current services are merged with the internet. So I guess murder involves a little more work.

Edit: Lol 'murder' involves a little more work, nice. that's supposed to be My Order

justasomeone

join:2009-06-21
reply to TSI Marc

I'm looking at the TSI site but I see many different Band's of dry loop, which one would I need exactly for 25/10? (never used dsl before)

darrylr

join:2003-02-10
Nepean, ON

You don't pick a band. You're residence is already in one but it isn't obvious which one until someone looks it up.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by TSI Marc:

said by Theriex:

I didn't see any second check. Still comes up as 25/10 max. Both Bell and Start give me 50/10 with my full address.

try to order it... it will do a second check.

Unless I'm missing something, you can't order without entering the postal code, and once its got that, it does not show DSL 50 for me... if I go ahead with the ordering info it continues to show everything as DSL25...

we'll be looking at why exactly it doesn't show... if it really is supposed to show..

if you proceed to order the 25 meg though.. will it allow you to over ride and choose a different speed? I believe it does...

if you have existing service though, you should call in for sure as we temporarily disabled those upgrade tools in MyWorld...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

Oh, i wasnt checking in myworld, actually... just on the main site...

I'll wait a little bit until the modem situation is more clear...
--

jmagder

join:2011-02-09
Markham, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Did a little URL guessing and the 50/10 plan seems to be listed at:

»www.teksavvy.com/en/residential/···d-dsl-50.

sqrl

join:2007-10-13
canada
reply to TSI Marc

Quick modem question, I'm currently on 6/0.8 using a 2wire 2700HG-B which I got waaaay back when Bell first introduced caps and I switched to TS. I assume the 2wire won't work on a 15/1 line but my backup TP-8816 should work?

Also, I'm connected to an IKNS remote. Would the upload bug still affect me on 15/1?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to TSI Marc

It's iffy, because the 2700HG-B is an ADSL2+ modem, but there is conflicting information about how well it actually does with ADSL2+ connections. Theoretically, it should work.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

teletone

join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On
reply to TSI Marc

are these new rates sync rates or actual download & upload rates?

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to TSI Marc

For legacy service, the advertised rates are the sync speeds, not the actual speeds. For FTTN, the advertised rates are the actual speeds, not the sync speeds.

For example, 25/10 service actually syncs in the ballpark of 27/11.3
--

teletone

join:2010-06-07
Toronto, On

so as long as you're served by FTTN and not the CO, regardless if you are on VDSL or ADSL you get the actual rate?

15/1 would be 15/1?

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

It's iffy, because the 2700HG-B is an ADSL2+ modem, but there is conflicting information about how well it actually does with ADSL2+ connections. Theoretically, it should work.

It works extremely well on 19455/1085.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
Montreal, QC
reply to teletone

If I had to guess, I'd say 15/1 is probably something like 16/1.3
--

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to Mike2009

said by Guspaz:

For legacy service, the advertised rates are the sync speeds, not the actual speeds. For FTTN, the advertised rates are the actual speeds, not the sync speeds.

Note that for legacy, those are max sync speeds. For legacy 5/0.8, I got syncs of 3 Mbps.

said by Mike2009:

said by Guspaz:

Good to know, as I have one of those modems too. I found that modem isn't the strongest for sync stability for legacy ADSL, but it was good enough, esp. when I only paid $25 for the thing.
--
Everything Apple

bbiab

join:2004-05-26

What are people recommending these days for buying adsl2+ modem?

Poser

join:2002-07-28
reply to TSI Marc

So we can only rent modems at this point?

That's a shame!

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada

said by Poser:

That's a shame!

Rent-only for VDSL2 only, but that should be changing soon. You purchase modems for ADSL2 and legacy DSL.

--
Everything Apple

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Eug

said by Eug:

said by Guspaz:

Note that for legacy, those are max sync speeds. For legacy 5/0.8, I got syncs of 3 Mbps.

said by Mike2009:

said by Guspaz:

Good to know, as I have one of those modems too. I found that modem isn't the strongest for sync stability for legacy ADSL, but it was good enough, esp. when I only paid $25 for the thing.

The 2700HG-B with AT&T firmware is great. I also have a 2701HG-T with Qwest Firmware which is even better. It has less detailed stats than the 2700 but is extremely stable. I would highly recommend this bridged with a good router.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

If I had to guess, I'd say 15/1 is probably something like 16/1.3

nope, the upstream is 1088 max on any ADSL2+ tier... However very few people get that upstream, its usually under 1000k, add to that the real world speed is 900k or less...

Bell never did offer Annex M to increase ADSL2+ upload speeds.
--

Gwai Lo Dan

join:2007-01-24
L5B 0C8
reply to Guspaz

said by Guspaz:

I hope it works fine...that's what I am using too! I will find out next week!

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit

It should work fine. Not sure where Guspaz got his information.

2wire 2700HG-B:
DSL Down Up
Current Rate: 19454 kbs 1086 kbs
Max Rate: 22445 kbs 1240 kbs
Current Connection:
Current Noise Margin: 10.6 dB 10.1 dB
Current Attenuation: 8.6 dB 5.0 dB
Current Output Power: 11.0 dBm 11.8 dBm

2wire 2701HG-T:
Broadband Negotiated Mode: G.DMT2+ Annex A
Connection Status: CONNECTED
Speed (down/up): 19455 Kbps/1086 Kbps
Number of Retrains: 0
Number of Retrains Elapsed Time: 0H: 00M: 00S
SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 11.6 dB/11.0 dB
Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 7.7 dB/5.2 dB

sqrl

join:2007-10-13
canada

Excellent. My 2700HG-B has been rock solid for almost 10 years now and to think I got it off ebay on a whim.

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
reply to sqrl

d

TSI ChrisG
Premium
join:2013-01-24
reply to Xuhum

»NEW RATES - LIVE as of March 20th, 2013

Robrr

join:2008-04-19
Guelph, ON
reply to Poser

said by Poser:

That's a shame!

Agreed!

I currently have a 6/0.8 connection and was seriously looking at 15/10 until I saw that $8 modem rental.

Might still make the jump to 15/1. At least I'll pick up some download speed and a tick more upload

Mike2009

Ottawa, ON

15/10 costs less than 16/1 that I have including the modem rental. Seems like a pretty good deal.

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
reply to Robrr

said by Robrr:

said by Poser:

That's a shame!

Agreed!

I currently have a 6/0.8 connection and was seriously looking at 15/10 until I saw that $8 modem rental.

Might still make the jump to 15/1. At least I'll pick up some download speed and a tick more upload

This will change in the near future, you will be able to purchase the modem.
--
TSI Pierre - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Chief Operating Officer

Robrr

join:2008-04-19
Guelph, ON

said by TSI Pierre:

said by Robrr:

said by Poser:

That's a shame!

Agreed!

This will change in the near future, you will be able to purchase the modem.

Cool! I'll just wait then until this becomes reality. I'd much prefer to only have to pay the various upgrade costs once

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Internally, nearly every system is getting tweaked also.. this has been in the works since last year... the MyWorld portal will get features disabled until we can re-add them... upgrading speeds and stuff like that will not work for now.

There are simply too many changes to cover everything all at once.

It'd be nice if the portal could show line stats from your end since the Sagemcom will be crippled.