Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Curmudgeon

Premium Member

to Curmudgeon

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Ontario - Update

said by Curmudgeon:

Why is 6/0.8 more expensive than 7/1? When my neighbourhood gets upgraded to FTTN will my price automatically drop? Right now my area is still on 5/0.8.

It's cheaper to go FTTN..

you'd likely have to upgrade to get FTTN.. and surely if you got upgraded, you could also get higher speeds.

there's a push to actively move people to FTTN.
Curmudgeon
join:2012-04-09

Curmudgeon

said by TSI Marc:

you'd likely have to upgrade to get FTTN.. and surely if you got upgraded, you could also get higher speeds.

So I have to pay for an upgrade to save $2 per month. I don't care about higher speeds.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by Curmudgeon:

said by TSI Marc:

So I have to pay for an upgrade to save $2 per month. I don't care about higher speeds.

unfortunately.. yeah.

should I put the 6 meg prices back up to give you an extra incentive to go FTTN?
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Curmudgeon

Premium Member

to Curmudgeon
seriously though.. you should upgrade to FTTN if its available. you'll likely have a more reliable service since it's all new infrastructure.. the 6 meg stuff is all on the older plant...
bbiab
join:2004-05-26

bbiab to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
And given this incentive, and taking 7/1, what is involved changing to 15/1 at a later date? It's just a profile change is it not?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by bbiab:

And given this incentive, and taking 7/1, what is involved changing to 15/1 at a later date? It's just a profile change is it not?

yes I think so. I think with Bell it's $25 but I'll need to double check that.