Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fearlessfosdick

join:2001-08-22
Stamford, CT

VPN service that stays connected?

Hi,

I originally posted this in the Networking forum not realizing this (VPN) forum would be much better.

Sorry for the duplication.

Here goes...

I've been using Witopia for about a year but I'm not pleased.

Two major problems.

1. It simply won't stay connected and does not automatically reconnect.
About the longest connection I've had is three days; but that's a rarity. Sometimes it disconnects after only 10 or 15 minutes!

2. Even when the application they provide to make the connection says it's connected, it's NOT. In those instances there will be no connectivity at all either via the Witopia VPN tunnel or directly via my ISP. In those case, I have to disconnect, whereupon my ISP connection resumes and then try to make a new VPN connection.

All is all it's very frustrating.

So when my year is up I plan to switch services.

Can you recommend one that stays connected and, hopefully, isn't much more expensive than Witopia.

Thanks,

FF

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:17

»VPN Review websights

»Best VPN provider?

Regards

Expand your moderator at work

Chuvaaak

join:2010-07-21
reply to fearlessfosdick

Re: VPN service that stays connected?

Hide my ass is the best VPN service I have tested, even if they are expensive.

AdinaWuffet

join:2013-04-27
reply to fearlessfosdick

I use Hotspot Shield VPN that allows me to unblock restricted websites from anywhere and anytime all over the world. It has an excellent bypassing ability that can bypass any kind filters and firewalls set by network administrators to block the websites. It really worths for me. I can now surf the web anonymously and safely.

Expand your moderator at work

Jeff49

join:2013-05-16
reply to fearlessfosdick

Re: VPN service that stays connected?

From my experience I can recommend these:

1. Hidemyass.com
2. NordVPN.com
3. vpnsecure.me

XANAVirus
Premium
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Comcast

1 edit

I'd recommend HideIPVPN.

»www.hideipvpn.com/

They're inexpensive, but they're incredibly stable and have great network placement (at least on my ISP).
Network placement refers to the number of hops and the latency of each.

Not only do they have monthly plans, they also have tri-monthly and yearly as well.

However they do block P2P and torrents, for all servers other than the Netherlands I believe.

No logs (insofar as having it in writing can be said to be truthful) and supports OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec and PPTP (spelling?).