Search similar:

uniqs
Vomish7
join:2005-07-19
East York, ON

Vomish7

[Voip.ms] Help With Sub-Accounts

Hello All

I am trying to setup 3 extensions on my Voip.ms service. The first is for a home phone (through an OBi100 device), the second is on an Android tablet (using 3CXPhone) and the third is on an iPod touch (again using 3CXPhone). I have setup a separate sub-account for each one and have configured the devices/softphones. I have also created a ring group and included all sub-accounts and the main account in it. When I test (calling with my cell phone) the home phone does not ring and goes straight to voicemail. None of the other extensions ring either.

So what I guess I am asking for is a quick explanation about how to properly setup sub-accounts on the Voip.ms side (like what happens to the main account as far as settings go) as well as what I should enter for settings on the OBi100 and 3CXPhone. FYI, I have followed the Voip.ms wiki but no success.

One last thing, please recommend a better softphone than 3CXPhone (I am unable to figure out how to dial using sip uri).

Thanks for looking!

Vomish
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Here are some suggestions to try:

Check that you have set your Sub Account Device Type to "ATA device, IP Phone or Softphone".

Is any device registered to the main account? If not, you can remove that from the ring group.

If you route your DID directly to your Sub Account, do things work properly? This way we will be able to tell if the ring group is causing the problem, or not.

I don't know of a softphone for Android, but for your consideration, you can dial SIP URIs if you set them up via the VoIP.ms phone book.
SCADAGeo
Premium Member
join:2012-11-08
N California

SCADAGeo to Vomish7

Premium Member

to Vomish7
Do all sub-accounts show as registered on VoIP.MS's Home Portal?

If so, can you call one of your phones via its extension 10_____?
said by Mango:

I don't know of a softphone for Android, but for your consideration, you can dial SIP URIs if you set them up via the VoIP.ms phone book.

CSipSimple for Android has SIP URI dialing.
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to Vomish7

to Vomish7
said by Vomish7:

When I test (calling with my cell phone) the home phone does not ring and goes straight to voicemail. None of the other extensions ring either.

Are your devices registering to the same server (POP) that your DID is routing to?
JeanInNepean
join:2012-09-19
Grenoble, FR

JeanInNepean to Vomish7

to Vomish7
Make sure you change the routing for your DID(s) from the Did Numbers -> Manage DID(s) page... The "Default DID Routing" tab that you find under the Main Menu -> Account Settings page doesn't change any of the DID routing...

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya to Vomish7

MVM

to Vomish7
DID Numbers > Manage DID Numbers.

What are your routing settings settings?

Your DID needs to be routed to the ring group.

A better softphone than 3CXPhone would be just about any other SIP APP out there. Just my opinion. Try Bria, CSipSimple, Groundwire / Acrobits, or Sipdroid for starters. People are very opinionated about what app they use. My experience has been trial and error.

There are several android apps that also provide IAX2 support. VoIP.ms will work with IAX2 as well.
Over the years, I've personally found IAX2 to be far superior to SIP, especially for mobile applications. Again, this is my personal experience and opinion. I have no documentation to back this up.
Vomish7
join:2005-07-19
East York, ON

Vomish7

Thanks to all for replying!

No device was registered to the main account so I removed it from the ring group.

I routed my DID directly to my "Home" sub-account and was able to send/receive calls. It was then I realized there was a DID routing entry for "Ring Group". Doh! I have now switched it to the ring group and everything is functioning properly.

Thanks Again!