Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to gar187er

Premium Member

to gar187er

Re: [Rant] Comcast Is Greedy As Hell

said by gar187er:

anyway you pay say $60 for hsi. so $2 a day, is $8 really that big of deal?

Yes, $8 is really that big a deal -- that's a meal for many.

$8 dollars to Comcast isn't that big of a deal -- and why should they receive money for service they aren't providing, absent of whose fault it is?

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

So go sue the Lord above for your service disruption. It was an Act of God, which Comcast isn't responsible for. Their service would have been working just fine for you if it hadn't been for Mother Nature.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Harddrive:

So go sue the Lord above for your service disruption. It was an Act of God, which Comcast isn't responsible for. Their service would have been working just fine for you if it hadn't been for Mother Nature.

Landlord isnt the one providing the service -- Comcast is.

Sorry, but you are wrong, Comcast owes credit. With the power, you don't pay what you don't use. Comcast needs to credit for teh service outage.

dmk08809
join:2001-09-08
Clinton, NJ

dmk08809

After Hurricane Sandy we were out for ~2 weeks in my part of NJ while electric was out ~3 days. Some folks were out significantly longer. Comcast indeed issued credits with even no fuss. Imagine having triple play and some premiums tallying up to $120+/mo. Based on the logic of some here, "act of God, no credits should be issued" then those subscribers who were out that long should eat the ~$60 even though the problem wasn't theirs.

Sure, some outages are not preventable. But if there were NO consequence for outages (ie: service credits) then why should Comcast or any other company bother to fix issues at all? There would actually be an incentive for NOT providing service -- get paid for nothing. Hmm... Now that sounds like a sweet deal! Zero costs, pure profit.

When my DirecTV dish's LNB died they gleefully offered credit for the downtime while I awaited a tech dispatch. Now *that's* great customer service and goes a huge way toward building & maintaining customer goodwill. What a quaint concept... *sigh*

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

1 recommendation

Harddrive to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

Landlord isnt the one providing the service..

lol. No one said anything about a landlord.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

gar187er to Robert

to Robert
lord = god

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to Harddrive

Premium Member

to Harddrive
said by Harddrive:

So you can honestly say that is an "Act of God" occcurred and took out your comcast for a month or more, you would be perfectly fine paying them the entire time for service they cannot provide? Somehow I doubt it.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

I was without power for 1 day in 2011 due to a snowstorm. I didn't call and ask for a 1 day kickback because I knew they were not responsible. Their service was available had it not been for Mr Imaginary Cloud Person and his antics. A month would mean a total destruction of the outside plant (hurricane, tornado). Their service wouldn't be available to me because of their equipment failure.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by Harddrive:

I was without power for 1 day in 2011 due to a snowstorm. I didn't call and ask for a 1 day kickback because I knew they were not responsible. Their service was available had it not been for Mr Imaginary Cloud Person and his antics. A month would mean a total destruction of the outside plant (hurricane, tornado). Their service wouldn't be available to me because of their equipment failure.

And for that day, you did not incur any charges because you used no electricity. So I would not have expected you to call in a get a credit.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

I'm talking about not using my cable TV, telephone, nor internet because of the loss of power.