What do you mean ?

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to llort

for now

Until they inject change into the terms down the road, grandfather the existing with frequent price increases and lock a bunch of suckers into long term agreements.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

said by I_H8_Spam:

for now

Until they inject change into the terms down the road, grandfather the existing with frequent price increases and lock a bunch of suckers into long term agreements.

It's a feature option... it's easy to remove.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

I'm not trying to defend Bell but sometimes people can Accept that they have unlimited option instead of making up some remarks like injecting charges and locking in long term suckers when we know this is false. Fact is, it really is unlimited, if you dislike bell, then just say you dont like them rather than troll/brain wash others on here with lies.
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON

It wouldn't be the first time a company applied a "Fair Use Policy" to their "unlimited".

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to kovy

said by kovy:

said by I_H8_Spam:

for now

Come on now, we all know how difficult it is to remove Bell, 6 month process on average.
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

kovy

said by I_H8_Spam:

said by kovy:

said by I_H8_Spam:

for now

Come on now, we all know how difficult it is to remove Bell, 6 month process on average.

A FEATURE... not a complete cancel process of service.

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario
reply to llort

YES it is really unlimited..... But you NEED to have TV so there's your "catch"

cs
Premium
join:2012-02-07
Repentigny, QC
reply to llort

Unlimited means 1, 2 4 or more TB/month??

On my side, my friend did 3,5TB last month and no news from Bell.

kovy

reply to ruggs

said by ruggs:

You don't need TV... it just 30$ instead of 10$.

kovy

reply to cs

said by cs:

WTH is your friend doing, downloading the internet ?

cs
Premium
join:2012-02-07
Repentigny, QC

lol. maybe! It seems a lot but at the end, using his 175Mbps, he only use it at 3%.

ruggs

Ontario
reply to kovy

said by kovy:

said by ruggs:

You don't need TV... it just 30$ instead of 10$.

Yes you're right but the 30$ price point is too much for me :P
it should be 10 if you don't have tv and free if you do have tv

Bellmtl

join:2006-11-01
kudos:2

You don't actually need TV.

Just three services. If you have Internet, Home Phone & Wireless, you're good.

atomas31

join:2004-10-20
Anjou, QC

Bellmtl you are wrong since to have unlimited Internet at 10$ you NEED to have Fibe TV plus 2 others services... I know since I've tried to have it at 10$ with my 3 services (Internet, home phone and mobile) and they refuse on less I got fibe TV!?!?!

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to Bellmtl

said by Bellmtl:

You don't actually need TV.

"$10/mo. extra in a 3-service bundle including TV."

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Paolo

said by Paolo:

I'm not trying to defend Bell but sometimes people can Accept that they have unlimited option instead of making up some remarks like injecting charges and locking in long term suckers when we know this is false. Fact is, it really is unlimited, if you dislike bell, then just say you dont like them rather than troll/brain wash others on here with lies.

He may be trolling so not trying to defend. Bell did exactly as he described to me when I was on the grandfathered unlimited DSL plan. Not certain why you say he is lying. They have done exactly as he described (including instructing the CSR I spoke to ... to silently change the plan from unlimited for any adds / moves / changes).

The experience left a bad odour whereas previously I had zero complaints. This aggressive behavior eventually drove me away as a customer. As a result Bell lost all of my business. Can't think of a single reason to come back. You know of anything?

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada
reply to llort

said by llort:

Is Bell Internet really unlimited?

Yes they are, for a REALLY small fee. But probably only for a REALLY short time after which they will put a REALLY small cap on again and start charging REALLY exorbitant fee's again

Oh man I'm REALLY pooped

yym7890

join:2007-10-01
Montreal, QC
reply to llort

If you choose bell unlimited plan, it should be limited P2P from 10am to midinight. if you donot use unlimited plan, it should not be limited.

I have compaired with my unlimited and limited plan. unlimited plan upload speed 200-400k and limited plan upload speed will get full speed (800-1000K/s) they all tested in same day. 12pm with limited plan and 2pm with unlimited plan.

kovy

said by yym7890:

If you choose bell unlimited plan, it should be limited P2P from 10am to midinight. if you donot use unlimited plan, it should not be limited.

I have compaired with my unlimited and limited plan. unlimited plan upload speed 200-400k and limited plan upload speed will get full speed (800-1000K/s) they all tested in same day. 12pm with limited plan and 2pm with unlimited plan.

What ?

BigWater

join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC

1 edit
reply to kovy

said by cs:

Wow! I'm guessing there is a lot more upload then download in this....

kovy

reply to llort

Well I'm getting full speed... don't know what he's talking about.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to llort

The Promo is here:
»www.bell.ca/Bell_Internet/Promot···Internet
I wasn't aware of it until a Bell Guy showed up at my door tonight and told me about it.
Once they give me a cheaper rate, I'll update my Sympat review.
The catch is TV included but - they are looking to keep current customers happy, assuming there's no other catches, I'll take it.

rayray14

@cgocable.net
reply to kovy

Is this mentioned in any of their user agreements? I didn't see any * disclaimers on their site...

ruggs

Ontario
reply to llort

Bell stopped using traffic shaping years ago I don't think they would implement it again just for unlimited users...

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·Start Communicat..

said by ruggs:

Bell stopped using traffic shaping years ago I don't think they would implement it again just for unlimited users...

I'm not so sure, I've noticed that my P2P doesn't go above 100kb a second since switching to unlimited. I was getting 1.5-2.5mb/sec when I was on a standard plan

kovy

1 edit

said by coaxguy:

said by ruggs:

I'm not so sure, I've noticed that my P2P doesn't go above 100kb a second since switching to unlimited. I was getting 1.5-2.5mb/sec when I was on a standard plan

I was doing 1.1mb/s upload all weekend...

How were you doing 2.5mb/s on upload ?

Download wise, I have no issues either... geting full 5mb/s.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
reply to llort

I mean downloading, not uploading.

kovy

4 edits

said by coaxguy:

I mean downloading, not uploading.

Not geting 100kb/s on download...

As of right now I'm downloading around 5mb/s and uploading @ 1mb/s...