All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tiredoffios
join:2013-03-10

tiredoffios

[Southwest] Slooooooow speeds!

I have a 15/5 plan and nearly every night (especially weekends) around 7 or 8 pm our service always dips below half speed, but most commonly at about .600 kbps to 2.5 mbps. Each morning I test it again and my speeds are back to normal.

I have been calling Verizon regularly since the end of January and am fed up with FIOS. Every tech I get acts just as perplexed as I and each has a different answer for my problem. Despite sending me a new router and replacing the "box" in my garage, the problem continues. When I told a tech ("Dan") last night that I was on the brink of quitting my service, he replied, "that's your decision." Great way to keep business buddy!

Is anyone else having similar problems? I'm not a computer/technical guy but it seems it is a network issue.

-Hemet, California
serge87
join:2009-11-29
New York

serge87

Same thing at 7pm for me too but speed isn't as badly affected as latency, timeouts and packet loss. Same story with calling their nose-to-script tech support. The idea is that Verizon's network is probably congested whether by overloaded peering points or routing paths that were taken offline during Hurricane Sandy and overload on alternate routes. My solution is to wait 3-6 months, see if they fix it and decide from there whether to stay or not.
s0cal3
join:2010-12-27
Hemet, CA

s0cal3 to tiredoffios

to tiredoffios
i live in hemet & my speeds are fine.
tiredoffios
join:2013-03-10

tiredoffios to serge87

to serge87
What a joke! At least east coast Verizon can blame a Hurricane...they've got nothing here on the west coast to blame. However, one tech suggested our local municipal airport may be transmitting microwaves/radio interference at night...he suggested I call the airport to find out!!! LOL
tiredoffios

tiredoffios to s0cal3

to s0cal3
Glad you are not having the same issues. The technician that came out today did not mention anyone else with the same problem as us. He moved our router to a different part of the house through a different coax cable...we'll see if it works.

RedCaliSS
Premium Member
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA

RedCaliSS to tiredoffios

Premium Member

to tiredoffios
no problems here in murrieta... been rock solid stable since I had FIOS installed in 06...(knocking on wood, holding rabbits foot.. etc..etc)

FutureX2001
join:2000-10-25
Perris, CA

FutureX2001

I'm in Perris on the 75/35 tier, been having a problems since this year began. It seems to vary on the path the data must travel to. Verizon's latest solution is to send me a new router.. even after I told them that without the router CAT6 from the ONT to my PC the problem still exists.

Right now I'm getting packet loss while simply doing a ping to google.com.
antioch
join:2007-10-06
Pomona, CA

antioch to tiredoffios

to tiredoffios
Out of curiosity. Have you guys had your ONT's, OPSU's or BBU's replaced? Also, what type of ONT are you guys using?

FutureX2001
join:2000-10-25
Perris, CA

FutureX2001

Sorry I didn't see your request until today.

Tellabs SFH ONT 612A is what I have installed. I have not had anything replaced.
Blenderboy
join:2000-07-27
Reading, MA

Blenderboy to tiredoffios

to tiredoffios

Re: [NorthEast] Slooooooow speeds!

Having the same issue 15/5M plan and Only getting 600kps today! It was fine the last week and prior.