Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to JonyBelGeul

Premium Member

to JonyBelGeul

Re: [DSL] NEW RATES - Bell Québec - Update

said by JonyBelGeul:

Those are better than the first proposed rates. Combined with the free dry-loop for TekTalk, it's better still. I have a few questions though.

- I assume you eliminated the 75GB tiers for some services. Will you add this tier back at some point?

- Are these new proposed rates contingent on your new overage scheme?

- I have DSL16/300, will the rates become automatically active, and if yes, will the service be automatically brought in line with the current speed as well, i.e. from 16/1 to 15/1?

Neither of those questions matter much to me personally, I'm happy with a price drop, 1Mbps less is nothing compared to the associated price drop, I never hit the cap, and I don't need a lower priced 75GB tier though I did petition for its addition last year if you remember. I'd just like to know what to expect, and I'm curious.

For the 75GB tiers, the arguments in favor of keeping them are the same as they were for introducing them last year. But then again, your new proposed rates for the 300GB tiers are cheaper than the current rates for the 75GB tiers. My guess is you're trying to simplify? I agree with that.

yeah simplifying was a part of it too. but just looking at the prices.. there's very little room left!

for the 16 speed.. we're likely to leave you there and just give you the 15meg price automatically..
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member
join:2008-07-31

JonyBelGeul

Premium Member

Oh, bonus! Yay! Either way, I'm happy.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by JonyBelGeul:

great!
JonyBelGeul
Premium Member
join:2008-07-31

JonyBelGeul to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc

I compared your new rates to Ebox's new rates. Yours are aggressive indeed. Ebox is offering free dry-loop on all tiers right off the bat though. The potential savings isn't that great in my opinion, only about 2$ for the DSL15/250. But then when the customer has POTS, he pays a bit more with Ebox than with TSI. And then, the customer pays even more with Ebox compared to TSI's TekTalk due to free dry-loop there. My guess is you've been looking at Ebox's rates too, right? You've been a naughty boy, you have!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

j'donne pas ma place... ca c'est certain.

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

Jay_P

said by TSI Marc:

j'donne pas ma place... ca c'est certain.

Bravo and you managed to do it without gouging people $0.50/GB with no max overage. It took some cojones.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

tx!
simsin0
join:2008-01-06

simsin0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
im in the same boat! Very happy to hear this!
Thanks Marc!
I might consider the 50/10 if price is right. Otherwise dont feel like it's worth jumping to 25 from 16 as it isnt a huge difference.