Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3

2 recommendations

Stompin Tom Connors dies at 77

»www.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/arts/···tml?_r=0

My brother and I were kids sitting on the edge of the stage while my parent's square dance club danced on the stage. (15 seconds of fame )

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmimLBSTEUw

--

Jim, VoIP 12/2002, VOIPo 2/2007
FAH-Tool~Pets~Artist-247

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
I confess that I am not a hockey fan, however, I am a little confused on the Hockey Song video: Why was there a slide of a golf club in the video?

Was somebody "puttering around?"
--
Deeds, not words

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Shaw
said by PeteC2:

I confess that I am not a hockey fan, however, I am a little confused on the Hockey Song video: Why was there a slide of a golf club in the video?

Was somebody "puttering around?"

I tried to find the history of the vancouver canucks golf club logo ... but I wasn't successful. It's some sort of spoof of their real logo, with golf clubs usually being a sign of either not making it to the playoffs or losing a play-off round ... and heading for the golf course ...
--
Jamais le mal n’aura le dernier mot. La foi et l’amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by squirt:

I tried to find the history of the vancouver canucks golf club logo ... but I wasn't successful. It's some sort of spoof of their real logo, with golf clubs usually being a sign of either not making it to the playoffs or losing a play-off round ... and heading for the golf course ...

Sooooo...just like a Canadian: Taking a golf club to a hockey fight...(a take off on the line from "The Untouchables")
--
Deeds, not words

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico

1 recommendation

reply to usa2k
The logo with the golf club is a humourous take on the original (and revived) logo for the Vancouver Canucks. One of the many usual references for a team not making the NHL playoffs is that they are golfing early that season, or earlier than the teams that are in the playoffs. The regular logo:

The Canucks have a bit of a reputation of being "chokers", or teams that make the playoffs but can't quite make it as far as winning the Stanley Cup even though they do very well during the regular season.

Go Sens!
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to usa2k
More classic Stompin' Tom. You can't listen without singing along and tapping your toes (or perhaps that should be stomping your heels?):

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw7rzpvDvS0

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNEg65rlnu4

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy3knGGzZr8

--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Same song different video. The good old who needs a helmet days.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzWwumq9E_8