join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to PeeWee

Premium Member

to PeeWee

Re: Virtual Client / Server Question

said by PeeWee:

teamviewer available at play store and online (google it).

Unless I've overlooked something, TeamViewer (like Splashtop) doesn't seem to have a *server* for any Android OS. Almost every remote access software seems to have a *client* for Android (in addition to all the other usual suspects) but the server piece seems to be what's lacking.

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

1 edit

PeeWee

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

said by PeeWee:

teamviewer available at play store and online (google it).

Unless I've overlooked something, TeamViewer (like Splashtop) doesn't seem to have a *server* for any Android OS. Almost every remote access software seems to have a *client* for Android (in addition to all the other usual suspects) but the server piece seems to be what's lacking.

You have. It works via play store app. It works just as well as computer to computer. Remote control and client. I have been using it.

edit- I should mention that it works for me with my rooted android phone and Window 7 computer, I don't know about Windows 8.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by PeeWee:

edit- I should mention that it works for me with my rooted android phone and Window 7 computer, I don't know about Windows 8.

I'm definitely missing something then. Why would you have to root your phone to make Teamviewer work the way the OP wants it to? That seems to imply that Teamviewer doesn't support a server on Android after all...

PeeWee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

PeeWee

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

said by PeeWee:

I'm definitely missing something then. Why would you have to root your phone to make Teamviewer work the way the OP wants it to? That seems to imply that Teamviewer doesn't support a server on Android after all...

I was only qualifying my use and experience. I thought that was obvious.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Sorry, my bad -- I read that as you HAD to root your phone -- oops!