spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

G2013

@charter.com

[Email/WebMail] Charter and it and email Services

Charter has ONLY one thing going for them and that is the internet speed. THEIR EMAIL SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY INADEQUATE FOR BUSINESS. THEIR IT SUPPORT IS COMPLETELY INADEQUATE PINNED TO THE FLOOR TO PROVIDE THE NECESSARY HELP TO ITS CUSTOMERS DUE TO THE LIMITATIONS OF COMPATIBLE EMAIL SERVICE CONNECTIONS WITH WINDOWS AND MACINTOSH. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY GAMES AND WASTE YOUR LIFE WATCHING TV. THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE. IF YOU NEED THIS FOR BUSINESS, LOOK ELSEWHERE. CHARTER DOES NOT PROVIDE GOOD BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Use a third party email program. Charter's FLASH BASED internet mail has something to be desired.

Using windows Mail or Outlook, it works just fine using a pop3 or imap server.

lineofsight

join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL
reply to G2013
I do not use charter email. I use a Windows Live Custom Domain. I have pointed my MX record at my website to my Live Domain (free, of course!)
I use Microsoft Outlook 2013, and my mail programs on my devices are using Exchange ActiveSync. This means my mail, calendar, contacts, etc. are all in sync on all the devices.
I think Outlook 2007, 2010 have a Hotmail connector that mimics the Exchange ActiveSync function.
All of this is as close to a genuine Exchange Server as I need.
So I agree, Charter Business isn't really required.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

Use a third party email program. Charter's FLASH BASED internet mail has something to be desired.

Using windows Mail or Outlook, it works just fine using a pop3 or imap server.

I prefer Thunderbird, myself.

»www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird

Just a suggestion.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

kherr
Premium
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL
reply to G2013
I use Outlook, no problem here ....