uniqs
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Any 2012 corolla owners here

Ok heres the deal. I have the other post regarding my wifes accident with a 2010 corolla. Ok so we lease a 2012 corolla in the meantime. With the 2010 you never have to touch the headlight switch as everything is automatic. The 2012 doesnt do that you have to turn them on and off. Does anyone know if thats a option or the 2012 is just defective. Doesnt sound like a big deal but my wife leaves for work in the dark and gets to work in the daylight. So i already know she is going to be letting them on.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Daytime running lights are standard on the 2012 Corollas. If yours aren't working, then there is a defect with the DRL module. I don't believe it's possible to disable DRL, short of cutting the wire.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to rody_44

MVM

to rody_44
Some have auto headlights, some don't.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 recommendation

Doctor Olds to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
»consumerguideauto.howstu ··· la-7.htm
quote:
Comfort and Convenience Features

Automatic headlights
2011 was the last year for that feature. 2012 doesn't have it.
Doctor Olds

Doctor Olds to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

Daytime running lights are standard on the 2012 Corollas. If yours aren't working, then there is a defect with the DRL module.

DRL and Automatic Headlights are two unrelated features with their own systems.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
That sucks, me and my wife both liked that feature. We have not touched the headlight switch as long as we have owned the car.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by rody_44:

That sucks, me and my wife both liked that feature. We have not touched the headlight switch as long as we have owned the car.

You might consider an off lease 2010/2011 Toyota or a low mile 2010/2011 Toyota certified trade-in through »www.toyotacertified.com/ ··· dex.html
quote:
The Toyota Certified Used Vehicles Advantage

12-month/12,000-mile Limited Comprehensive Warranty1
7-year/100,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty2
1-year of Roadside Assistance3
160-Point Quality Assurance Inspection
CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™4
Certified customers are eligible for standard new car financing rates5
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
FYI: 10th generation 2009 Corollas have DRL and auto headlights as std equipment.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to Doctor Olds

Premium Member

to Doctor Olds
They Are fixing it. 7300 with non oem parts. They are claiming only thing damaged underneath is the struts. Im just going to let them do it and then take it and trade it in. A dealer wont take it but the insurance company said my only option is to get it fixed and then i would have 2 years to trade it in to collect diminished value for the fact it will no longer qualify as a certified used vehicle by toyota standards. Hit it on the money DROLDS as thats what the plan is. I figure i can get a 2010 or 2011 corolla. Might also look at the scion frs as she likes them also.