spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TA1234

@bell.ca

[Internet] When will Bell upgrade Internet Services in some area

I have had Bell for a month now switching from Rogers a month ago. With Rogers I used to get 35mbs speed and now with Bell I just get 5mbs and I wouldn't mind paying for a speed upgrade but there are none available in my area? I live around Game Creek Cres area in Brampton and this area is not that new. When are they going to upgrade this internet service here, it is impossible to work in this speed!

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

Re: [Internet] When will Bell upgrade Internet Services in some

Why did you leave Rogers if speed were a concern and you knew you'd only get 5mbps with Bell ?

TS1234

@bell.ca

I didn't know at the time.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

said by TS1234 :

I didn't know at the time.

I guess you should of check... Because there's no telling when or if they will upgrade.

scorpido
Premium
join:2009-11-02
New Hamburg, ON
kudos:1

DSL is a dead delivery method for Internet. Chances are that you may never see a upgrade. Just like in New Hamburg, Ont. If your close to the CO okay you might get 10 down, other then that Bell is not an option. Cable is a hybrid fiber system aka HFC that kicks Bells butt any day. If you have the ability to get cable over dsl, then do it.

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON

said by scorpido:

DSL is a dead delivery method for Internet.

Err, no. Bell continues to invest in its infrastructure because DSL is a viable delivery method for internet and other OTT services like FibeTV.

said by scorpido:

Cable is a hybrid fiber system aka HFC that kicks Bells butt any day.

Also no. I'd rather have my VDSL2 connection over a DOCSIS connection any day.

Anon777

@dnd.ca
reply to TA1234

I just hope they bring their upgrades to Gatineau\Hull Qc soon, so sick of this 5mbps nonsense

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON

Apparently there is very little FTTN here in London, Ontario, either. I have the same 5M/6M speed I had 9 years ago; no upgrades. I am lucky it has been rock-solid, and full-speed (after DSL overhead of course)!

A Bell field tech, at the big phone shack not 50 yards from me, told me to wait until 2080, and I should have 15Mbps by then.

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1
reply to scorpido

said by scorpido:

DSL is a dead delivery method for Internet. Chances are that you may never see a upgrade. Just like in New Hamburg, Ont. If your close to the CO okay you might get 10 down, other then that Bell is not an option. Cable is a hybrid fiber system aka HFC that kicks Bells butt any day. If you have the ability to get cable over dsl, then do it.

Haters gonna hate.
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.