join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to ShetiPhian

Premium Member

to ShetiPhian

Re: Usage - overages

said by ShetiPhian:

Marc's method isn't that complicated and it is better then $x/xGB upto $x
Its also a nice change for the usual.

As far as explaining it the chart he posted makes it very clear, it is a simple formula after all, and can be easily displayed on the invoice.

It may have been that in the past TSI's customer base could largely do some algebra, and that most (but not all) who frequent DSLr can even manage a regression analysis.

Bit I'd wager TSI Marc's Timmies franchise that the average TSI customer today would have difficulty understanding a 3-level If, then, else statement -- which is effectively what Marc & some others have proposed as alternatives.

This whole fiasco is beginning to remind me of as cross between ROBELLUS and their multitude of conditional, optional, and nonsensical fee structures and the Clinton-era debate on the definition of the word "is". For you youngsters, »www.slate.com/articles/n ··· _is.html

random
@teksavvy.com

random

Anon

>Bit I'd wager TSI Marc's Timmies franchise that the average TSI customer today would have difficulty understanding a 3-level If, then, else statement

A T4 is way more complicated than that, but most manage to do it somehow. ;P

Threz:
The overage fee is supposed to be away to recover the cost to TSI. TSI works out the fee for "unlimited" as a price point that they can comfortably provide a service. At higher speeds, the cost for doing so is much higher.

The $20 is the fine/punitive damage/incentive for the customer to move to the unlimited tier if he/she persists to download as much for more than a blue moon. There is always the option of the customer switching from 300GB to unlimited for a few months when they need to and back on their own.