PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to graniterock

Premium Member

to graniterock

Re: Tomb Raider

The screen caps in the thread concerning the new tech should be obvious...
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

Truthfully, I very rarely do serious gaming on my PS3. I either use it to watch media or the odd fun game with other people. My graphics card is in no shape for the game so if the PS3 was remotely comparable I'd opt for it because I'm not in the mood for a GPU upgrade.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I can't speak to how well optimized it is for older systems, but it looks gorgeous on 1) high-end systems and 2) AMD cards.
graniterock
Premium Member
join:2003-03-14
London, ON

graniterock

Premium Member

I think I will add this to my games to play when I upgrade list. By then I'm likely to get it cheap on Steam.

I assume you guys are finding the gameplay as good as the graphics?
Gandalf4503
join:2002-06-27
Guilderland, NY

Gandalf4503

said by graniterock:

I think I will add this to my games to play when I upgrade list. By then I'm likely to get it cheap on Steam.

I assume you guys are finding the gameplay as good as the graphics?

It's one of those highly scripted games that's similar to Uncharted in that it's trying to give you a movie-like experience. Lots of QTE's and events which you can't avoid throughout. While it does look good and is overall fun, it depends on what you want out of your game. Personally, I don't feel that this game has any replayability and based on reviews the multiplayer is just tacked on, with nothing special. I have no interest in that aspect, regardless.

If funds are an issue, then this would be a good $20 game. It is fun, don't get that wrong, but I personally dislike having options taken away from me, and so that does detract from it a bit. I'm more of a fan of Deus Ex kind of games where you can take multiple routes and be a lot more creative rather than being restricted to a more linear approach like here in Tomb Raider.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

You're right about the replayability. The game shows off the new technology beautifully, and that is its major selling point.

And I play on 1920x1080 resolution.