Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ohh

join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

A few questions

So, I'm gettin' a 3770k I'm torn between these two mobos:

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···13131818 and »www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···13131821

I might want to OC in the future.. the case I got was this.. it comes with 4 fans already. »www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EP···F8&psc=1

I was wondering if I should get a noctua D..14 air cooler i think or the cooler master H101i water cooler (I forget the correct names for them, but I am sure ya'll know what I'm talking about). Air vs water. I've read the h101i did very well at keeping stuff cool while OC'd. Already bought 16gb of ram as well. Probably just going to use my 650 or 630 watt psu and 560ti oc2. Might get a higher rated psu though, coz my pops might want the old one.

At any rate thanks!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
»www.hardocp.com/article/2012/09/···review/1
»www.hardocp.com/article/2012/04/···review/1

They both OC similarly. The deluxe seems to be a slightly nicer board.

I believe the Corsair Hydro H100i or Swiftech H200 closed-loop water coolers will beat out the best air coolers given the money spent.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ohh

San Jose, CA
sweet, yep that is pretty much the conclusion that I came to. the deluxe it is! more niceties for only a little more price.

Which of those water coolers do you think is better? My friend said get a h100i, but yeah. Think I should be okay doing with the 4 fans from the case & a water cooler?

How do you think OCing factors into the degradation of the CPU etc? I know my current q6600 is 90c stock... and People OC their 3770k like 1.5ghz or some shit and its only 50 to 60c max. lol.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Swiftech H220 > H110/100i > Noctua air.

You won't degrade the CPU by OCing at all. ASUS boards can support 4.6 GHz out of the box, usually, although vcore might be a little on the warm side.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

ohh

San Jose, CA
holy humpin jesus. Is this what you mean by h220? »www.amazon.com/Swiftech-H20-220-···ech+H220 a little too expensive for me. I might stick with the Corsair water coolers.

So, again any opinions on water coolers + fans that come with my case and overclocking? Think that'll be enough cooling? I don't think I'll do any crazy numbers maybe if 4.6 GHz out of the box is supported ill just do 4.5 GHz and call it a day... Stuff is too expensive for me to ruin

ohh

San Jose, CA
oh nvm i see a 140$ version.. that aint bad. »www.frozencpu.com/products/18290···tem.html

was that what you were referring to?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
said by ohh:

oh nvm i see a 140$ version.. that aint bad. »www.frozencpu.com/products/18290···tem.html

was that what you were referring to?

yep.
--

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to ohh
The Swiftech you can add onto it. The others you can't. This way you can add your GPU or other items and still get great CPU cooling performance.

I want to get one of them. Just have to see about selling my CoolerMaster Seidon 120 now!!!