Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bushleaguer

join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

1 recommendation

[DVR] Make Sure Your Scheduled Recordings Are OK After Time Chan

Just wanted to give folks a heads-up that after daylight savings kicked in this Sunday that my scheduled recordings get a bit messed up. Nothing major....just have to reschedule them but the clock moving forward did throw a few things off.

fishacura

join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

Re: [DVR] Make Sure Your Scheduled Recordings Are OK After Time

I'm assuming only those where you set a specific start and end time (and not where you used the guide)?

bushleaguer

join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ
No, recordings off of the guide were messed up. I just had to redo some series recordings and that (hopefully) did the trick. You'll have to scroll through your scheduled recordings to make sure everything is set.

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to bushleaguer
everything works fine in MA

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to bushleaguer
I just noticed the same problem (yes, it took 3 missed episodes of Craig Ferguson to realize). The issue arises if you had a series recording at a SET TIME - all of the scheduled start times have been shifted one hour earlier than when you programmed them before "springing ahead". Forinstance, Craig Ferguson was only set to record new episodes starting at 11:37PM (instead of its actual 12:37AM start).
The progamming was done "from the guide" - the setting that needs to be modified is the series setting "Start Time" needs to be changed to "Anytime".

Unless I read otherwise, I'm chalking this up to a software glitch by Verizon.

BTW - I also changed the series defaults on the DVR, to prevent this from happening with every time change. Its actually a chore to change all of our series, one that I don't want to repeat.