Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Once Upon A Time

As the last thread about it has left the page heres a new one

wow snow tricked the queen into killing her own mother.
Cora got what she wanted, Snow's heart is darkening

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

This show is so bad,I can't even stomach 5 minutes of it.

My GF watches this and it drives me nuts..........so goody,goody. :(

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

I still like the show -- mostly for the back stories / flashbacks -- I'm not sure that I'm enjoying the "main" part of the story line nearly as much as I used to.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

It does have a feel of winding down, but its still interesting.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

I still like the show -- mostly for the back stories / flashbacks -- I'm not sure that I'm enjoying the "main" part of the story line nearly as much as I used to.

Agreed -- the back stories are much more interesting, and it's been particularly fun finding out who is related to whom.

One minor annoyance is the kid's lack of acting ability. If he could act as well as the girl who plays a young Snow, his scenes wouldn't be as grating.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

It does have a feel of winding down, but its still interesting.

The major story line that's still to be explored is - just what is it that's so special about Henry? He knew all about the curse and he was prophesized about before even his mother was born. He draws nearly every major player in the stories together. Eventually I think we'll see that he's something entirely unexpected.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Now that would be cool!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
Well he is the grandson of both Rumple and charming.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

TOPDAWG to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I like the show but two thing bug the hell out of me.

Regina went back to being evil way to fast. I hope she is just playing her mother to turn on her later. She spent the first half of the season tiring to change. She was bar none the best character on that show but they kind of forked her up by having her go back to her mother so quick and easy with no real reason for her doing it. It also pisses me off how Henry treats her I mean damn she raised him and his real mom give him away but he all hates Regina but loves his real mom WTF what an ungrateful little prick. Those are really the only things that bother me about the show.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by TOPDAWG:

Regina went back to being evil way to fast. I hope she is just playing her mother to turn on her later. She spent the first half of the season tiring to change. She was bar none the best character on that show but they kind of forked her up by having her go back to her mother so quick and easy with no real reason for her doing it. It also pisses me off how Henry treats her I mean damn she raised him and his real mom give him away but he all hates Regina but loves his real mom WTF what an ungrateful little prick. Those are really the only things that bother me about the show.

well look at the way she raised him.
no wonder he was re bailing

And um if you didn't see last nights ep.

Cora is dead now, snow used the candle to put a curse on corra's heart then tricked Regina into putting the heart into corra.

for a moment corra had real love for Regina, then she died and gold lived

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to TOPDAWG

Premium Member

to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

It also pisses me off how Henry treats her I mean damn she raised him and his real mom give him away but he all hates Regina but loves his real mom WTF what an ungrateful little prick. Those are really the only things that bother me about the show.

I see your point but also keep in mind that Henry knew that Regina cast the curse to begin with. Who would want a mom like that??

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
ok watched last nights show.

Ok so snow killed Reginas mama so Regina going be all pissed but really it changed nothing she always hated snow and the group and was willing to kill them before snow killed her mama. I did enjoy Golds and Cora story line. One thing I don't get is how come Regina just did not proof into smoke and get to her understand tomb.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Maybe that underground room has some protective barrier (you know to keep gold from so easily getting there

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I thought Cora was Rapunzel. Being locked in a tower and all that.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
I've been keeping up on this series, and I find the episodes enjoyable. I feel the actor who plays Mr. Gold is a great actor and the one who plays Henry should get his acting membership taken away.

One thing that I don't like is this supposed pureness of snow white. Every other character has multiple levels of good/bad. They do some good stuff, they do some bad stuff. I just fear they are trying to make her character too one-dimensional.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Agreed.

What ever did happen to Pinocchio? The last I recall of seeing him, he was turning to wood in a hotel room just as the curse was lifted.

I think snow is over reacting a tad much over what she did to Regina's mother. After all, those two would kill Snow and her friends without even blinking a sweat .

I think snow fails to work for me, because she is too much of a "white knight". Today's heroes are typically "anti-hero" types. That more often then not lean heavier towards the dark side, then the white side.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I thought Cora was Rapunzel. Being locked in a tower and all that.

Could have been, but in this case they stuck closer to the classic Rumpelstiltskin story in which she is in fact the miller's daughter.

I do like how they sometimes put their own spin on some of the stories, such as when Rumpelstiltskin was Belle's "beast."
said by Omega:

I feel the actor who plays Mr. Gold is a great actor and the one who plays Henry should get his acting membership taken away.

At the risk of repeating myself, I wonder how that kid ever landed the role.
said by Omega:

One thing that I don't like is this supposed pureness of snow white. Every other character has multiple levels of good/bad. They do some good stuff, they do some bad stuff. I just fear they are trying to make her character too one-dimensional.

Well, she kind of crossed the line in the most recent episode with the candle.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by SixOfNine:

I do like how they sometimes put their own spin on some of the stories, such as when Rumpelstiltskin was Belle's "beast."

I also like how they managed to get Victor Frankenstein involved. Henry even mentioned it once, that if Frankenstein was in Storybrooke and wasn't in the picture book, then who else might be there? They could literally go in whatever direction they want with that.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008 to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
This is still one of my favorite shows on TV. On Sunday nights, I look forward to Once Upon A Time above everything else on.
The back-storis are better than the current-day stuff though.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Not only they forgot Pinnochio but also Mr. Glass, he was on the local jail, but I didn't see him at all (even when hook was in there)

My guess is that they can't afford those actors, specially Esposito.. well they aren't paying the Cora actress anymore so.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

At the risk of repeating myself, I wonder how that kid ever landed the role.

Hollywood Cronyism, no doubt.
TwiztedZero

TwiztedZero to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

What ever did happen to Pinocchio? The last I recall of seeing him, he was turning to wood in a hotel room just as the curse was lifted.

I think they allude to him returning in the following episode, I might be wrong though. If he does oh oh... Mr. Gold's son, Henry's father vs Pinocchio both having an interest in Emma Swan . . .

Don't know about you but sometimes I wonder if this show is bordering on incest sometimes, I'm allready finding it hard to keep all the family lines ordered and uncluttered then they spring another twist on us.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
I can't stand the girl that plays young Snow White.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
quote:
incest sometimes

Which was the norm for the royals of Europe, back during the time when many of these fairy tales may have come into existence.

But ya, they've managed to keep the twists coming, which makes the show kinda interesting.

Though I wish they'd do more with Red
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

1 recommendation

Spice300 to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
Pureness of Snow White? She stole Prince Charming's purse with gold coins and his bride's wedding ring. She sold the ring to trolls. There is no pureness in her beyond a facade.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar
said by djlar:

Not only they forgot Pinnochio but also Mr. Glass, he was on the local jail, but I didn't see him at all (even when hook was in there)

My guess is that they can't afford those actors, specially Esposito.. well they aren't paying the Cora actress anymore so.

I just recalled as well. The guy that played Gepetto is currently on Continuum.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
said by Omega:

Did they fix that for you last night?

I thought it was a really good episode, particularly the flashback story and Regina's "Groundhog's Day" conundrum. The only downers were, once again, Henry's scenes.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I liked how they explained the "stranger".

That should be interesting.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

I liked how they explained the "stranger".

That was awesome!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I need to make time to watch this week's now
I got caught up in other things and before I knew it it was 1am.