spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

They Unlocked My Phone

I was able to unlock an iPhone 4 with a completed 2-year contract. No problems other than the procedure which was to completely reload iOS (what a PITA that is...). After which the device told me I had unlocked the phone (I forget the exact message but...)

I was able to replace the SIM card in the device with a Straight Talk kit I purchased from Wal-Mart. Other than frustration when you try to configure the APN (menu is still locked unless I use a T-Mobile SIM), it works great.

King P
Don't blame me. I voted for Ron Paul
Premium Member
join:2004-11-17
Murfreesboro, TN

King P

Premium Member

Straight Talk will work on any SIM-locked AT&T phone, so long as you get the "AT&T compatible" SIM, or the "Unlocked GSM" SIM card. I ran several AT&T SIM-locked phones on ST.

Sounds like they gave you the run-around, if you had to re-install iOS.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

Below is the procedure they sent me. (This was all automated -- filled out a form on the web and they sent me this e-mail). I did have to do it twice but on the second time when it rebooted it said the device was unlocked. The second time all my stuff was gone and I had to resync apps, music and pictures. I have a 32GB model nearly full and that took forever.

Request number: XXXXXXX
Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your iPhone.

We have reviewed your request and confirmed that you are eligible to have the requested iPhone unlocked.

Please allow 24 hours upon receipt of this notification to complete the unlock.

To complete the unlock, simply:

1.Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.
2.Ensure a SIM card is inserted into your iPhone.
3.Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
4.Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit »support.apple.com/kb/HT1414.
5.After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.

Additional information on unlocking can be found at »support.apple.com/kb/TS3198

You may also check the status of your unlock request by clicking the link for AT&T's Device Unlock Status Portal.

For questions regarding AT&T's wireless service and iPhone, please visit the Phone/Device Learning Center.

We thank you for your continued business.

Sincerely,
AT&T Customer Care Team

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE
All replies are automatically deleted.
rradina

rradina to King P

to King P
duplicate post removed

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to King P

Premium Member

to King P
you cannot get AT&T sim cards for straight talk anymore

»www.talkandroid.com/1495 ··· le-sims/
meowmeow
join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT

meowmeow

True, I'll sell you one for $200 though LOL. God I wish I'd hoarded more of those... look on eBay it's INSANE.