spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

What happened to commenting on cnbc website?

Are they scared of comments? Or just don't want people there commenting on stuff that know whats really going?

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
kudos:1
Has anything good ever come from the comments page on a news website? Very rarely do I see anything resembling rational discourse in those comments.

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA
kudos:1
reply to nonamesleft
CNBC comments section was polluted with spammers. You could not get anything meaningful from it having to read a spambot's message ever second post.
--
Mission Accomplished

nonamesleft

join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Callcentric
reply to nonamesleft
said by Oedipus:

Has anything good ever come from the comments page on a news website? Very rarely do I see anything resembling rational discourse in those comments.

Some of them were spot on, of course mainstream media would never out right mention anything truthful.

said by sonofjay:

CNBC comments section was polluted with spammers. You could not get anything meaningful from it having to read a spambot's message ever second post.

Often times there was spam, but that's what the report spam button was for. I think they just want the truth hidden, like on certain news sites they will disable comments on certain articles. Can't have the truth leaking out!

Faster
Premium
join:2013-03-09

1 edit
reply to nonamesleft
There are pros and cons to allowing comments on web sites. The ratios vary by the site.

Overall IMO in the big picture the scales tip to it not being constructive to have comments.

But the site itself has such an influence on which way the "wind"
blows.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to nonamesleft
said by nonamesleft:

Can't have the truth leaking out!

Well to be honest there are sites all over the place where people know "the truth" and talk about it. Funny how much the truth varies from one site to another though.
--
here comes leadership

MagMan
Life is simpler when you tell the truth.
Premium
join:2003-10-01
Westlake, OH
Good one, cha ching.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to nonamesleft
It's difficult to push your anti-second amendment agenda when all of the comments prove your points wrong. The best way to fix this is to not allow comments where people leave rational comments.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.