Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bachibusuc

join:2013-03-11
Montreal, QC

[Internet] Sagemcom F@st 2864 compatibility

Hi,

this is my first post so let me know if I'm missing something or if I should post somewhere else.

I recently received a Sagemcom F@st 2864 from my last tenants but I don't know which ISP it was from.

I am with another provider (electronicbox) and my question is :
is it possible to use it with electronicbox(for the SpeedExtreme 25mbps plan).
are we aloud to use it or can the modem be blocked to one specific provider? I asked one of the electronicbox technician and he told me that the modem can be flagged as "lent" or something like that and bell can block the connection it if they see that it was "sold" or "given".

Can anyone help out on this one?

Thanx!

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

1 edit

If you really have the modem already, why don't you try it? Bell doesn't block anything. Go to 192.168.1.100 then look for WAN connection and type in your ElectronicBox login and password. If it works, it works. There is nothing extra to set for VDSL and there is no VPI/VCI to set for ADSL because Ebox and Bell operate off the same equipment.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8

said by BliZZardX:

If you really have the modem already, why don't you try it? Bell doesn't block anything. Go to 192.168.1.100 then look for WAN connection and type in your ElectronicBox login and password. If it works, it works. There is nothing extra to set for VDSL and there is no VPI/VCI to set for ADSL because Ebox and Bell operate off the same equipment.

It's 192.168.2.1 ... lol just FYI.

BliZZardX
Premium
Toronto, ON

Sorry kovy is right »192.168.2.1/

I've been using a Zyxel bridge since May last year and forgot the Sagemcom address

bachibusuc

Montreal, QC

said by BliZZardX:

I've been using a Zyxel bridge since May last year and forgot the Sagemcom address

You've been using the 25mbps service? cuz for this service, you need a vdsl modem ABSOLUTELY.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by bachibusuc:

said by BliZZardX:

You've been using the 25mbps service? cuz for this service, you need a vdsl modem ABSOLUTELY.

The Zyxel modem is a VDSL modem, I forget the exact model number that works with the Bell network.

BliZZardX
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

4 edits

It depends which chipset your line card is using. I bought the Zyxel for Stingers and confirmed a few weeks ago with the Bell direct forum it works upto 50/10. The only limitation is line quality.

I'm not sure what the conditions around the Bell hardware are. The Sagem is $99.95, then 99.95 credit for new customers, so new customer cost = $0. But if it's $0 why do they still call it a rental?

2 years ago when I had issues with the CellPipe I was asked to pay 99.95 if I wanted to upgrade to Sagem, but they couldn't confirm if I had to return it or not. I ended up cancelling, mailing in the CellPipe, then signing up again 1 year later and got the Sagem for $0 as a new customer.

Then after a few days of messing around with my Zyxel config I permanently replaced the Sagem with the Zyxel. You can use 3rd party modems on Bell without anyone bothering you. Of course there is no official support for them, so if you ever do serious troubleshooting with Bell they will only help if you are using the hardware they provided to you.

bachibusuc

Montreal, QC

said by BliZZardX:

You can use 3rd party modems on Bell without anyone bothering you. Of course there is no official support for them, so if you ever do serious troubleshooting with Bell they will only help if you are using the hardware they provided to you.

You can but again, I was asked from EB to give out my S/N from my sagemcom. Just weird that you used a 3rd party as Bell is asking S/N for 3rd party companies. (assuming you were using a profile of 25mbps and up(for fibe that is)).

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by bachibusuc:

said by BliZZardX:

You can use 3rd party modems on Bell without anyone bothering you. Of course there is no official support for them, so if you ever do serious troubleshooting with Bell they will only help if you are using the hardware they provided to you.

You can but again, I was asked from EB to give out my S/N from my sagemcom. Just weird that you used a 3rd party as Bell is asking S/N for 3rd party companies. (assuming you were using a profile of 25mbps and up(for fibe that is)).

I think that is because you are using the Sagemcom modem and since the Sagemcom is a requirement to get the VDSL service Bell wants the serial number of it.

BliZZardX
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
reply to bachibusuc

The S/N you give is just to confirm the modem you bring is supported by Bell.

It's not clear yet how the order system is programmed, we know the modem has to be marked as purchased, and it might only accept Sagem and Cellpipe models. So if you want to use for example the Huawei modem, you still have to sign up to wholesale with a purchased Sagem, then plug in your Huawei later.