All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

brian1126
@comcast.net

brian1126

Anon

[Speed] Intermittent slow speeds after upgrade to DPC3008 modem.

Comcast recently put me in a new package with faster speed. I had one of their Arris phone / net modems and everything seemed to work fine before (think it was a TM402P - like 6 years old). But when they bumped me up, I wanted a Docsis 3 modem so I could take advantage of the faster speeds. So, they sent me the Cisco DPC3008. Everything seemed to provision fine. Now, speed gets slow intermittently. But with a power cycle / reset of equipment, proper speed comes back. The modem runs to a vonage router and then to a Linksys WRT310N v2 wireless router. Same setup as before, like I said, only difference is the modem and a full power cycle of everything brings speed back. I'm thinking maybe the modem doesn't want to play well with the vonage router and / or linksys. Just that the settings might need to be tweaked on the router possibly?
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Re: [Speed] Intermittent slow speeds after upgrade to DPC3008 mo

Try putting the Vonage adapter behind the router. A coworker was having issues with slow speeds for a while with a similar setup, and once she put the router behind the modem, it went much faster.

brian1126
@comcast.net

brian1126

Anon

My only issue with that is, I understand the radio wave "radiation" from the router affects your "depth" of sleep. So, I like to unplug the wireless router at night. If I put the wireless router in the middle, then the phone will be off at night too. I can probably set a forwarding number with vonage at night to a cell or something, but that's a lot of hassle. Got any other ideas?

Thanks!
Expand your moderator at work