how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

WCQ

@optonline.net
reply to blue_trooper

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

QUEENS/LONG ISLAND IS SCHEDULED FOR ARRIVAL ON MARCH 25th.

I guess we will miss the South American qualifiers on the 22nd.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
reply to motorola870
said by motorola870:

It looks like a VHO must have the GAME HD 6-9 channels to have beIN sport HD and beIN espanol. Also some areas got the GAME HD channels today so they are in the process of getting all areas ready to add the new MPEG4 channels.

No, VHO5 has the new Center Ice channels but not beIN Sport

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2
reply to motorola870
in VHO7, we have had these new MLB/NHL MPEG4 channels for 2 weeks or so. Currently the new BeIN channels are not in the Guide.

I assume that our VHO has run out of local QAM, or something to that extent, so we will wait until the April 15th MPEG4 switch to free up space, and then they can add the BeIN HD channels.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
reply to Onedollar
Like other good sports channels its also going to be included in the spanish package. Just another reason to pick that package up if you love sports and are not an Ultimatehd subscriber.

RB

@pentagon.mil
reply to Onedollar
does anyone know when it will be available in Virginia/DC area? I asked but no rep seems to know. Thanks!

RB

@pentagon.mil
reply to WCQ
how did you get this information?

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by RB :

See »forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···p/552421.

WCQ

@verizon.net
reply to RB
I Called Verizon and spoke with tech support. I asked him if there was any chance it would be sooner, was looking fwrd to Uruguay game, he advised that email he received yesterday had my area scheduled for March 25. Supposedly the channels will be programmed from March 20-25.

castro

@verizon.net
reply to Onedollar
So does this mean boston, ma will be added on the 15 april; I'm dying to get this channel.

RB

@pentagon.mil
reply to PJL
said by PJL:

said by RB :

sorry the question was for the guy from NY that has a date for when BEIN will be available. can't find any info regarding VA/DC area.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by RB :

said by PJL:

said by RB :

sorry the question was for the guy from NY that has a date for when BEIN will be available. can't find any info regarding VA/DC area.

I thought he wanted the general announcement. It is highly unlikely that a deployment schedule will be announced. Verizon never releases that information publicly.
But it's up in VHO3 now.

wickedny5

join:2004-09-17
Flushing, NY

1 edit
reply to blue_trooper
said by blue_trooper:

It's the first Friday of the NCAA tournament. I may be a big soccer fan but, sorry, Bolivia v. Columbia isn't exactly on my "must watch" list.

yea, I feel the same for the tournament or costa rica vs usa match.. to each his own

hdspts

@verizon.net
reply to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

in VHO7, we have had these new MLB/NHL MPEG4 channels for 2 weeks or so. Currently the new BeIN channels are not in the Guide.

I assume that our VHO has run out of local QAM, or something to that extent, so we will wait until the April 15th MPEG4 switch to free up space, and then they can add the BeIN HD channels.

I chatted with an online agent last night and he said VHO7 (Freehoold, NJ) will launch April 15.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

said by motorola870:

It looks like a VHO must have the GAME HD 6-9 channels to have beIN sport HD and beIN espanol. Also some areas got the GAME HD channels today so they are in the process of getting all areas ready to add the new MPEG4 channels.

No, VHO5 has the new Center Ice channels but not beIN Sport

I meant to have said it looks like a VHO must have GAME 6-9 HD channels before beIN Sport HD and beIN espanol HD are added.

RB

@verizon.net
Verizon is pathetic! After waiting for so long for this channel most likely I maybe we will miss the South American qualifiers! What a disgrace!!! Next round won't b until June I think

donjuan2002

join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ
Not only that,most league will finish in two months.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

1 edit
said by donjuan2002:

So I take it that you wanted Verizon to just hop on board the first day and accept what the ramsom charge was for BEIN sports?

My guess Verizon was able to cut the price in half by bargaining with them. Congrats to Verizon for not caving in on the high bid.

drainyoo

@verizon.net
reply to WCQ
I'm on Long Island and the channel is listed in my guide, 598. But when I try to go to it, I get a message stating that it can't switch to the channel. So weird. Every rep I chat with says it's available today. They've been trying to get it to work.

donjuan2002

join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ
reply to bohratom
Come you know this bs, Bein pay other cable companies to carry the channel. I dont think verizon pay anything for it.

WCQ

@verizon.net
reply to drainyoo
I have had it on the guide since this morning. I don't think that's the issue, it's a matter of them setting it up for lack of the proper tech lingo. Looks like march 25.

julesism

join:2001-12-12
Lewisville, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Onedollar
So is either channel actually up/active for anyone? I do not have a STB. I use a SiliconDust HDHR with a cablecard and Windows Media Center. My HDHR has seen 598 and 1538 all day but there is no channel name. I've rescanned a few times and the name remains blank. I upgraded from Extreme to Ultimate this evening. I can manually tune to 598 using HDHR's config tool and VLC and can watch since I'm now subscribed to it. WMC does not see either channel and there is no guide data. I'm guessing this is because the name is still blank.
Expand your moderator at work

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to drainyoo

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

said by drainyoo :

I'm on Long Island and the channel is listed in my guide, 598. But when I try to go to it, I get a message stating that it can't switch to the channel. So weird. Every rep I chat with says it's available today. They've been trying to get it to work.

maybe you have an older box that needs to be replaced to watch beIN sport? What model do you have it will on the front of the box?

carljanderso
Premium
join:2008-09-15
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to julesism
said by julesism:

WMC does not see either channel and there is no guide data. I'm guessing this is because the name is still blank.

Windows Media Center gets its guide data from Zap2It. Zap2It's listings have yet to be updated. Once Zap2It's listings are updated, it will update in WMC.

Sometimes WMC is a day or two behind a channel add.

RB

@pentagon.mil
reply to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by donjuan2002:

So I take it that you wanted Verizon to just hop on board the first day and accept what the ramsom charge was for BEIN sports?

My guess Verizon was able to cut the price in half by bargaining with them. Congrats to Verizon for not caving in on the high bid.

congrats to verizon? u are a joke!! that's exactly why we miss a year of soccer! get any discounts on ur bill because of it? dont think so

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
Judging by the highest tier pricing bracket Verizon has put BEIN into their bargaining did not go well.

nlk10010

join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY
reply to motorola870
No, I have the newer boxes, while BeIN is in the guide I can't tune to it either. A post earlier in this thread indicated BeIN is just not available in VH05. I would imagine we will get it last.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to RB
said by RB :

that's exactly why we miss a year of soccer!

No, you missed a year of (some) soccer because a brand new network with ridiculously deep pockets spent outrageous sums of money to sign La Liga and Serie A before they had carriage agreements in place. Verizon got this network added (in HD) quicker than several carriers and much quicker than is typical for them (see BBCA or any number of other networks either on Verizon now or still in some hypothetical queue).

UnnDunn
Premium
join:2005-12-21
Brooklyn, NY
reply to IanR
said by IanR:

Judging by the highest tier pricing bracket Verizon has put BEIN into their bargaining did not go well.

Actually, that's an indication the negotiations did go well. If they hadn't, BeIN would have been forced into the Extreme package.

julesism

join:2001-12-12
Lewisville, TX
reply to carljanderso
So that's why the .crap channels show up as LOORXXX-Local Origination in my guide with no program info. No complaints there!