Daivid NJ to Greg2600

Anon

to Greg2600
I dont like to wait that much
donjuan2002
join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002

Yeah NJ is always last, Like we have Patience in here.
jonhern
join:2012-03-26

jonhern to Onedollar

to Onedollar
great, have not been following this for the last month so had no idea it was coming soon until i checked today. Up and running here in providence, we are getting both the Spanish and English channels, we have ultimate with the Spanish pack.
amdmaxx
join:2005-08-05
Fair Lawn, NJ

amdmaxx

when is NJ getting it?

Nels
join:2007-03-13
Arlington, VA

Nels to cflats10

to cflats10
said by cflats10 :

said by EZ :

Does anyone know when it will be in VA/DC area? Not sure the VOH #.
Thanks

Volleyball playing on BeIN Sports on my DVR channel 598 today in Arlington, VA - but it does not appear in the guide or work on my TiVo yet.

wmcbrine
join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

1 edit

wmcbrine

said by Nels:

said by cflats10 :

said by EZ :

Does anyone know when it will be in VA/DC area? Not sure the VOH #.
Thanks

Volleyball playing on BeIN Sports on my DVR channel 598 today in Arlington, VA - but it does not appear in the guide or work on my TiVo yet.

What type of TiVo? It's working on my Premiere. (TiVo updated the guide, too.) It's never going to work on my Series 3, unless TiVo updates the Series 3 software, because the channel is MPEG-4.

It looks kinda crappy right now, but I think that's just because they're upconverting this particular program from widescreen SD. The logo looks good.

Hmm, the TiVo guide data is wrong -- maybe swapped? I'm seeing a volleyball game, but it's listed as handball, while volleyball is listed for BeIN2 (the one in the Spanish package, so I can't check what's on there).

Nels
join:2007-03-13
Arlington, VA

Nels

I have a TiVo HD. Does that mean no BeIN Sports for me?
AndyMorrison
join:2008-06-30
Grapevine, TX

AndyMorrison

said by Nels:

I have a TiVo HD. Does that mean no BeIN Sports for me?

Yes, that's exactly what it means.
nyrmetros
join:2008-02-01
Oakland Gardens, NY

nyrmetros to Onedollar

to Onedollar
I still don't understand why they just didn't buy out goal tv from a distribution standpoint...

OG68
@verizon.net

OG68

Anon

Does anyone know if the BEIN English will offer Spanish SAP audio? I believe DirectTV has this option for the channel.
OG68

OG68 to nyrmetros

Anon

to nyrmetros
said by nyrmetros:

I still don't understand why they just didn't buy out goal tv from a distribution standpoint...

It will mean paying for GolTVs current rights (brazil, Uruguay). Also lets face it, GolTV failed to do what BEIN did in a matter of months.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
I just looked at this and I see this channel is in H.264. I just noticed a message on my TiVo here in VHO4 that it was added recently. I just hope they convert more channels to H.264 and any they add are also in H.264 to maximize the space available.
donjuan2002
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002 to Onedollar

to Onedollar
So that's the new sports package have Bein sports also?

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

1 edit

Greg2600 to Onedollar

to Onedollar
There's a sports package? I thought there was just a sports surcharge?

There's no SD channel I see, which stinks, guess I won't be watching from the kitchen table.
donjuan2002
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002 to Onedollar

to Onedollar

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

aaronwt

Premium Member

I wish we had the option to remove those channels from the Ultimate HD lineup and receive a credit for those amounts.
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA

OwlSaver to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
Do we know the current rollout status? Which VHOs have it and which do not? Mid April is when it is supposed to be completely rolled out and that is two weeks away (hmmm, tax day is less than two weeks away).

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by OwlSaver:

Do we know the current rollout status? Which VHOs have it and which do not? Mid April is when it is supposed to be completely rolled out and that is two weeks away (hmmm, tax day is less than two weeks away).

The norm has been to rollout to the least populated VHO's first then finish with the largest VHO's. Thats one reason VHO7 is always last or second to last.
Shay
join:2010-07-29
Dallas, TX

Shay to aaronwt

to aaronwt
Can't you switch to Extreme and add any premiums back that you lost?
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

You might be able to. But IMHO, you could end up paying more that way, instead of just sticking with the Ultimate Package.
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
Berwyn, PA

OwlSaver to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
So, I just received this. So, I am getting BeIn 1 but not BeIn 2 (or whatever it is called) and they are removing GolTV. Is GolTV shutting down?

===============================================

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

At Verizon, we strive to provide you with the best TV viewing experience possible by keeping you informed of programming and content-related changes that periodically occur on our network.

On or after April 16, 2013, beIN Sport HD (channel 598) will be added to your Ultimate FiOS® TV package. This exciting channel offers a wide variety of sports programming including International Soccer.

On or after May 6, 2013, GOL TV (channel 313) will be removed from your package. We understand that GOL TV may be important to you. To explore other programming options you may enjoy, log in to your account at myverizon.com. And remember, you can always access the most current channel lineup at verizon.com/fiostvchannels.

We truly appreciate your business and value your patronage. Thank you for choosing Verizon as your entertainment provider.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team
Steve3
join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

Steve3

I received the same message. I think they are moving Gol to the Spanish package, but I am not sure. I don't watch the channel, so it won't affect me.
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
Berwyn, PA

OwlSaver

Premium Member

said by Steve3:

I received the same message. I think they are moving Gol to the Spanish package, but I am not sure. I don't watch the channel, so it won't affect me.

Honestly, I do not watch GolTV very much if at all, so I will not miss it. I am just upset that I will not get BeIn 2 (or whatever it is called). I wish they would create a soccer package so I could pay for all the soccer channels. Why should I pay for Spanish Language channels? Why should people who do not watch soccer have to pay to support my habit? This whole Cable TV model is severely broken.

Well, at least Verizon is communicating with us. I searched for information and found out that Comcast made the same change without notifying their customers.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to Onedollar

to Onedollar
There is no beIN Sport 2 in the United States, only in France, where there's a beIN Sport 1 and MAX. beIN Sport here is just one network at this time and is called beIN Sport USA (English and Spanish feeds). You're not missing anything. I hope that Verizon also gets the future online streaming beIN when it starts up.

GOL TV I rarely watch because it's not in HD, but this isn't a shock.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

said by Greg2600:

beIN Sport here is just one network at this time and is called beIN Sport USA (English and Spanish feeds).

Actually the feeds are different. For example this Saturday:
10:00 beIn - Brighton Hove Albion v. Leicester City / beIn Espanol - Real Sociadad v. Malaga
Noon beIn - Real Madrid v. Levante / beIN Espanol - Juventus v. Pescara
2:00 beIn - Stade Rennais v. PSG / beIN Espanol - Real Madrid v. Levante
4:00 beIN- Barca v. Mallorca / beIN Espanol - Bolivia v. Brazil (friendly)
6:00 beIN - Juventus v. Pescara / beINEspanol - Barca v. Mallorca
said by Greg2600:

You're not missing anything.

Over time this is fairly true as most of the big matches seem to be shown in tape delay eventually, but they often have different live games on.

hdspts
@bellsouth.net

hdspts to Greg2600

Anon

to Greg2600
said by Greg2600:

There is no beIN Sport 2 in the United States, only in France, where there's a beIN Sport 1 and MAX. beIN Sport here is just one network at this time and is called beIN Sport USA (English and Spanish feeds). You're not missing anything. I hope that Verizon also gets the future online streaming beIN when it starts up.

Not true...there are two stations: beIN1 and beIN-n (that should have a tilde on the last "n"). Not all matches appear on both channels, particularly Ligue 1 matches (France), to which beIN only has English language rights (Univision Deportes) have the Spanish language rights.). On international match dates, they use the tow channels to maximize the number of live matches available to their viewers, as they do with the Spanish, Italian, and English Champiosnhip matches.

I am in Northern NJ and have the Extreme package and the sports pack. Verizon has removed stations from that sports pack, but have not added any new sports stations in return (such as NESN, Longhorn, and apparently, beIN).

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to Onedollar

to Onedollar
Again, you're not missing any English coverage. FIFA's rights scenarios are idiotic, and will continue to stymie the popularity of soccer particularly in America. Be happy that Verizon has heard the complaints and has added the ONLY beIN English channel that is available.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

said by Greg2600:

Be happy that Verizon has heard the complaints and has added the ONLY beIN English channel that is available.

beIN Sport Espanol (as mentioned abone may have been renamed n~) has different programming and an SAP in English. From their FAQ's...

6. What is the difference between beIN SPORT and beIN SPORT en Español?
They are two distinct beIN SPORT networks, both of which have SAP capabilities. Programming and scheduling may vary between both channels.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

Okay but it's in Spanish, it's not in English. Verizon has ZERO Spanish "only" channels in their regular packages outside the local OTA channels.