uniqs
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to Greg2600

to Greg2600

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

said by Greg2600:

Okay but it's in Spanish, it's not in English.

Apparently most of the shows are in Spanish with English on the SAP.

DCExile
@verizon.net

DCExile to Onedollar

Anon

to Onedollar
I've just added BeIN sports in North Virginia. I have Extreme, didnt have to upgrade to Ultimate, added a "Sports Pass" for $9.99 a month.

No idea what's on the "Sports Pass" other than BeIN. Something on the Fios website says 10 channels including 3 in HD, but no mention which ones.

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR

julesism

DCExile, after adding the "Sports Pass" are you getting both beIN's 598 and 1538?
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to Onedollar

to Onedollar
thanks for telling me about the Sports Package Pass!
this is what I was waiting for all the best soccer games in HD!! )
I will def not upgrade to ultimate so thank you once again for info about this package!

this is from chatting with rep:

REp-VZW(15:31:53): You would be getting this package at your location after 7th April. That means, you can place an online order on 8th April by coming an online.
REp-VZW(15:32:13): You will get BeIN Sports channel with this package.
REp-VZW(15:32:18): Do you have any more questions for me? I will be happy to answer all your questions.
ME(15:32:21): so just to confirm after April 8th I will be able to Add Sports Pass to my current PRIME HD package. ?
ME(15:32:34): and yes can you confirm all channels in this pass? I can only confirm bein
VZWREP(15:37:20): You will get BeIN Sports, CBS Sports Network, ESPN Buzzer Beater/Goal Line HD, ESPN Classic, HRTV, Longhorn Network, Outdoor Channel SD/HD, Sportsman Channel, TVG, and World Fishing Network SD/HD included with this package.
ME(15:37:47): now I just need to be 100% sure that I can apply this to PRIME HD package
VZWREP(15:38:37): Sports Pass will initially add 10 sports channels to Local, Select HD, Prime HD, Extreme HD or La Conexión for just $9.99 per month (+tax).

DCExile
@verizon.net

DCExile to julesism

Anon

to julesism
No, only 598.
patt2k

patt2k

said by DCExile :

No, only 598.

What is difference between is it Spanish and English ?

wickedny5
join:2004-09-17
Flushing, NY

wickedny5

Sometimes both channels offer the same game, ch.598 in english and 1538 in spanish. But most of the time and when it came to World Cup Qualifiers matches both channels gave different games, So if you have the spanish package you were left out of the ch.598 which had some of the word cup qualifiers and vice versa for someone who had the english channel but not the spanish channel.

Programming is different, even the anchors on some of the pre-game and post game are different, spanish people for the spanish ch. and english speaking anchors for the english ch.

Still boggles my mind that verizon would split them up. Its like splitting up and having to pay separately for ESPN Deportes from ESPN because they both have the ESPN in its name. They are not the same, both have different programming.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by wickedny5:

Sometimes both channels offer the same game, ch.598 in english and 1538 in spanish. But most of the time and when it came to World Cup Qualifiers matches both channels gave different games, So if you have the spanish package you were left out of the ch.598 which had some of the word cup qualifiers and vice versa for someone who had the english channel but not the spanish channel.

Programming is different, even the anchors on some of the pre-game and post game are different, spanish people for the spanish ch. and english speaking anchors for the english ch.

Still boggles my mind that verizon would split them up. Its like splitting up and having to pay separately for ESPN Deportes from ESPN because they both have the ESPN in its name. They are not the same, both have different programming.

Isn't that exactly why is should be split up? One is in Spanish and one is in English. So I would expect the Spanish one to be on the Spanish tier. It's not a premium channel so isn't this the norm with non premium channels? To separate them?
blue_trooper
Exton, PA

blue_trooper

said by aaronwt:

Isn't that exactly why is should be split up? One is in Spanish and one is in English. So I would expect the Spanish one to be on the Spanish tier. It's not a premium channel so isn't this the norm with non premium channels? To separate them?

The fact that both channels have much of their programming available in both English and Spanish via the SAP makes this a bit different than English-only vs. Spanish-only networks. Based on programming and language availability, most people would view them as two related, but different soccer-focused sports networks.

To soccer fans the language issue may be beside the point. If there was a match I wanted to watch and it was only available in Spanish, I'd watch it anyway. The same wouldn't be true of non-sports programming as most of my high school and college Spanish is long forgotten.

TweakerInWA
Optimus
Premium Member
join:2001-12-11
Syracuse, NY

TweakerInWA to Onedollar

Premium Member

to Onedollar
I just want to thank BeIN Sports for the eye candy provided over the weekend on the Xpress show... Wow ( Y ) to bad sportscenter doesn't have the same dresscode...lol amazing !!!
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Well when we get the channel on the 16th or so, I will have to tune in to the show, then. lol

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY

just lou to Onedollar

to Onedollar
When are we going to get some new HD channels that most people want, instead of this crap?
donjuan2002
join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002

Hey just please if you dont like soccer dont coment, thank you.

just lou
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

1 edit

just lou

said by donjuan2002:

Don't tell me what to do. This doesn't have anything to do with a sport nobody cares about in the U.S. It has to do with Verizon not adding any mainstream HD channels.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to donjuan2002

to donjuan2002
said by donjuan2002:

U must be new to how these forums work...

TweakerInWA
Optimus
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

1 edit

TweakerInWA to webcobbler

Premium Member

to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

Well when we get the channel on the 16th or so, I will have to tune in to the show, then. lol

Yeah, Kay Murray's the name and BeIN smokin hot's her game... sorry, couldn't resist.. She was actually wearing something similar, but even more eye popping this weekend. Couldn't find any damn video though...
blue_trooper
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to just lou

to just lou
said by just lou:

When are we going to get some new HD channels that most people want, instead of this crap?

Bein was around the top of my list. What's at the top of yours?

Be forewarned, I reserve the right to be snarky if it's one of those videogame channels.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to TweakerInWA

to TweakerInWA
lol.

She looks def younger than 30. I hope she on the English version ch 598 BeIN.

Can't wait to DVR the Express Show.

HD Terry
@verizon.net

HD Terry to Onedollar

Anon

to Onedollar
What a waste of space. TWC is no better with their HD additions either.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by HD Terry :

What a waste of space. TWC is no better with their HD additions either.

Major international soccer is not a waste of space. 24/7 fake reality show networks are a waste of space.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I agree with you there, Greg.

There are to many reality shows out there that are similar, or have the same stuff. IMO. Same stuff on different channels.

TweakerInWA
Optimus
Premium Member
Syracuse, NY

TweakerInWA to webcobbler

Premium Member

to webcobbler
Yeah, she is the english channel co-host, she's british... The one on the Espanol side is pretty hot to...
Strommy
join:2010-04-23
King Of Prussia, PA

Strommy to just lou

to just lou
said by just lou:

said by donjuan2002:

Don't tell me what to do. This doesn't have anything to do with a sport nobody cares about in the U.S. It has to do with Verizon not adding any mainstream HD channels.

Like which channels?
Expand your moderator at work

Hosehead
join:2005-01-26
Camp Hill, PA
Linksys EA9500

Hosehead to just lou

to just lou

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

said by just lou:

Maybe you don't care, but there are millions of us who do. Nobody cares about the Giants either, but we still have to see them on TV more then we want...

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by Hosehead:

Nobody cares about the Giants either, but we still have to see them on TV more then we want...

Hey Hey Hey now, don't bring my Giants into this...

futbol1
@verizon.net

futbol1 to Strommy

Anon

to Strommy
FYI, this sport is the most popular in the world, and is watched and followed by millions in the US and all around the globe. The world isn't just confined to one's self.
patt2k

patt2k to Hosehead

to Hosehead
said by Hosehead:

said by just lou:

Maybe you don't care, but there are millions of us who do. Nobody cares about the Giants either, but we still have to see them on TV more then we want...

+1 I honestly don't care about American Sports.

just lou
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou to futbol1

to futbol1
said by futbol1 :

FYI, this sport is the most popular in the world, and is watched and followed by millions in the US and all around the globe. The world isn't just confined to one's self.

In the United States it is #5 in popularity, barely beating out golf.

Hosehead
join:2005-01-26
Camp Hill, PA
Linksys EA9500

Hosehead

In a poll late last year, the top 50 athletes in the US included:
16 -Lionel Messi
20 -David Beckham
24 -Cristiano Ronaldo

In the 12-24 age group, soccer is currently the third most popular sport, ahead of MLB, NBA and College football.

espnfc.com/blog/_/name/r ··· ?cc=5901)

MLS is the third most attended sport in the US
bleacherreport.com/artic ··· -america)

Care to provide some sources for your statement, or is it just your opinion?