share rss forum feed

OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA
reply to Onedollar

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

So, weather we want it or not, BeIn Sports is supposed to be available by this time next week - I think 4/16 is the actual date. It also seems that it will require the migration of some channels to MPEG-4. So, I am wondering what the likelihood is that this will happen. I am going to be cautiously optimistic and say there is at least an 80% chance it will be fully deployed by this time next week.

donjuan2002

join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ

You correct I was told on/or by the april 15

charliewatts

join:2013-04-10
reply to OwlSaver

You guys are not missing anything. (Yes, that weekend host is attractive)

Boring soccer matches. Lousy looking HD picture. Lousy 'features' between matches. Chintzy production values overall. And this is not because beIN TV is the renamed AJSN (Al-Jazeera Sports Network) It's just not up to standards.

VHO5 has had it for almost 2 1/2 weeks, now.

Joeinma

@verizon.net
reply to patt2k

Just added this and can see all the channels but BeIN. What's up with that? Tried to troubleshoot to no avail.

joeima

@verizon.net
reply to blue_trooper

Added the package here in MA, but no Bein! It still shows as "you are not subscribed". What the heck?

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

Here's a press release about that new sports package:
»forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at···p/561133

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by matcarl:

I wish we had the option to remove those channels from the Ultimate HD tier and receive a $10 credit each month.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to joeima

said by joeima :

Added the package here in MA, but no Bein! It still shows as "you are not subscribed". What the heck?

Id give it a good 48 hours or more as anything new with Verizon takes awhile to get the kinks out...

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to aaronwt

said by aaronwt:

said by matcarl:

I wish we had the option to remove those channels from the Ultimate HD tier and receive a $10 credit each month.

As you've said...
said by aaronwt:

I wish we had the option to remove those channels from the Ultimate HD lineup and receive a credit for those amounts.

wickedny5

join:2004-09-17
Flushing, NY
reply to OwlSaver

said by OwlSaver:

So, weather we want it or not, BeIn Sports is supposed to be available by this time next week - I think 4/16 is the actual date. It also seems that it will require the migration of some channels to MPEG-4. So, I am wondering what the likelihood is that this will happen. I am going to be cautiously optimistic and say there is at least an 80% chance it will be fully deployed by this time next week.

is there any way to check a channel if its in MPEG-4 from the box?? Just recently I've started seeing some pixelation on a few channels that was not there 2 weeks ago. Honestly if MPEG-4 brings on pixelation I'd rather stick with MPEG-2. Im on a 60 inch.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

said by wickedny5:

is there any way to check a channel if its in MPEG-4 from the box??

If its a motorola box, press the power button to put it in standby. Then press the button "ok" twice, it will put the box in diagnostic mode. Finally go down to "d10-audio/video status" and if it displays AVC for the input format then its mpeg4. Might be an easier way but this is how I would do it.

dimi1963

join:2001-12-27
Union, NJ
reply to Onedollar

Anyone knows if the Spanish package (offered at 7.99) has beIñ sport? I'm thinking of adding it once the channel goes live here in NJ. Unfortunately the two channels broadcast different games and it seems that most of the Sunday afternoon games of serie A are on the Spanish language version of the channel. Thank you for the info

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA
reply to wickedny5

said by wickedny5:

is there any way to check a channel if its in MPEG-4 from the box?? Just recently I've started seeing some pixelation on a few channels that was not there 2 weeks ago. Honestly if MPEG-4 brings on pixelation I'd rather stick with MPEG-2. Im on a 60 inch.

These networks are sending their signals as MPEG4 to Verizon. All Verizon is doing is no longer converting them to MPEG2 (which is done to support the 6xxx Moto boxes). What channels are you seeing it on? There aren't very many MPEG-4 at this time and that wouldn't be the cause of pixelation anyway.

donjuan2002

Kearny, NJ
reply to dimi1963

Yes, by tuesday they will ad the channel

drainyoo

@verizon.net
reply to charliewatts

So we've waited this long for the channel and the quality and programming stink. There are five Serie A games playing right now, but BeIN is showing Superbike Racing. Are they kidding? I've noticed that most Serie A games get shown later in the day after the game has already been played. What's the point?

Also, the HD quality is garbage. It's terrible compared to ESPN and Fox Soccer.

Barca360

@verizon.net

Really? Wow I had no idea the HD quality would be so bad. I think it's because BeIN sports transmits through 1080i. And that may be why the HD quality is not what people expected. 1080p has much crispy clear picture (correct me if I'm wrong). Still can't watch soccer games here in Jersey. Now to my question, is the sports pass equivalent to the sports package? I just replaced the sports package with the spanish package lol. I thought Verizon would be decent enough to add bein to the extreme package...guess we were all left upset. Thanks in advance!

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

said by Barca360 :

Really? Wow I had no idea the HD quality would be so bad. I think it's because BeIN sports transmits through 1080i. And that may be why the HD quality is not what people expected. 1080p has much crispy clear picture (correct me if I'm wrong). Still can't watch soccer games here in Jersey. Now to my question, is the sports pass equivalent to the sports package? I just replaced the sports package with the spanish package lol. I thought Verizon would be decent enough to add bein to the extreme package...guess we were all left upset. Thanks in advance!

No one broadcasts in 1080p

OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA
reply to Onedollar

I am in the Philadelphia Suburbs in Pennsylvania. I think it is VHO8. On Saturday, I was watching the Arsenal match on Fox Soccer - 584. For about 30 seconds, it switched to an NPower match with the BeIN Logo in the upper right. I backed up the DVR and it was on the recording. I guess they were testing it or crossing wires or something. Looking forward to getting BeIN this week.

Keano

join:2012-03-14
South Grafton, MA

Same thing happened on Directv.

Now 15 pages and counting...sorry just lou

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to Onedollar

As I explained many times, this is the fault of the European leagues.

MookieDoug

@cogentco.com
reply to OwlSaver

I was watching Arsenal as well when Fox Soccer - 584 switched to BeIN. However, this was not specific to FiOS. I talked to other friends watching on other cable networks and it appears that it was Fox Soccer that switched, not FiOS.

donjuan2002

Kearny, NJ

Anything on VHO 7

Bara360

@verizon.net

That's what we would all like to be know. I thought April 15th was the day we finally get BeIN sport here in NJ. What is going on lol I already subscribed to the sports pass. And the representative couldn't even give me a date. What gives huh?

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2
reply to donjuan2002

Today is the MPEG4 channel transition of the 20 or so channels that were talked about earlier.

I believe tomorrow, the 16th, we in VHO7 are suppose to get that channel. And more HDs to come, hopefully sooner than later. Like TV GUIDE HD , that the rest of the VHOs have... etc. IMHO

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY

Nothing was transitioned this morning in VHO5

Nj fort lee

@verizon.net
reply to Bara360

I called them too they said the 18 i was so mad.

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to Onedollar

Delayed AGAIN to the 18th?

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2
reply to matcarl

They said on or after April 15th in the notification. So if they said BeIN is now the 18th, the channels have to be transitioned on the 17th at the latest.

Fort lee

@verizon.net
reply to Greg2600

Yes they said the 18 for sure

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to Onedollar

Boston has had BEIN for a month now.
What other channels will we be getting?