uniqs
share rss forum feed

Greg2600

join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ
reply to blue_trooper

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

said by blue_trooper:

I'm guessing aaronwt was asking what you measured the bitrate to be.

I glanced at the channel last night. I thought the PQ was good but there was a lot of macroblocking which I'll attribute to initial setup issues unless it continues for a while.

BTW - VZ passes on the full bitrate it gets from the networks.

Ah, I get it. Well whatever it is, the PQ looks pretty bad for HD Sports, hopefully they can adjust it.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

Could be the source as well. I wouldn't doubt that a number of the foreign stadia have less than optimal HD production facilites.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

1 recommendation

This....

Compare the HD feeds for NFL Red Zone games. Some of the network feeds for the NFL games look horrible on Red Zone.

The BeIN broadcast is only as good as the feed they get from the field.

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to Onedollar

I live in Morris County NJ and my TIVO told me ai had a new channel BEin at 1539 (I think thats the number). When I went to the page it was completely blank though.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

said by IanR:

I live in Morris County NJ and my TIVO told me ai had a new channel BEin at 1539 (I think thats the number). When I went to the page it was completely blank though.

I think that is the Spanish channel. You need to be subscribed to the Spanish tier to receive it.

charliewatts

join:2013-04-10
reply to Onedollar

Al Jazeera May Buy Another U.S. Cable Network NY Post
Al Jazeera is considering buying another U.S. cable network, as the Qatar-based news network wants to move into the sports media market, reports the New York Post.

Al Jazeera, backed by the Qatar government, has an affiliate called beIN Sport that appears to have its sights set on the Tennis Channel, the story says. BeIN Sport is a global network of sports channels.

In January, Al Jazeera bought Current TV for $500 million.

A group of private equity firms own the Tennis Channel, which is said to be in play. Tennis Channel declined comment.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

All these buy outs and name changes and format changes are so confusing to the average viewer and getting out of hand.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to Onedollar

In the end it only means we "the customer" will pay more for the same service.