Search similar:

uniqs
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to Onedollar

to Onedollar

Re: [HD] BeIN Sports - Coming this month

and is also between two Spanish channels. I have Ultimate so I would get it but i would prefer English AND HD.
donjuan2002
join:2002-10-06
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002

Click for full size
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

According to that thumbnail, Channel 598 for BeIN. I do not see it in the Guide yet.

Vho7.

dimi1963
join:2001-12-27
Union, NJ

dimi1963

Also according to that thumbnail, the channel should be available to the Extreme package.
donjuan2002
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002 to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Tnat is Pittsburgh zip code 15122
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh to dimi1963

to dimi1963
I'm in Pittsburgh and I have the Extreme HD package. I get the "not subscribed" message on channel 598.

Also, channel 1538 is listed as "beIN EHD" in the guide. I assume that is HD.
donjuan2002
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002

Well them you need to call because I pull that from there site, extreme show that has bein sports
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh

I just checked the guide again and 1538 is an HD channel. All of the shows have the "HD" icon next to them.
donjuan2002
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002

yes I see. if you go to the verizon site and pull you guide by zip code it will tell you if you have that channel »www22.verizon.com/home/f ··· channels
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I have Ultimate, but I do not see the channel in my area. Does this mean that this channel is not nationwide?

I say this because I was told that this channel will be for Ultimate customers. I was surprised that it was in the Extreme package thumbnail that was posted.
donjuan2002
Kearny, NJ

donjuan2002

Only so far report on VHO 11
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

well, I guess we must wait until tomorrow, And see if this channel will be in more vho areas then the op said in vho3.

Davidd
@verizon.net

Davidd to Onedollar

Anon

to Onedollar
1538 bein ñ en espanol HD awsome but when in vho 7

wickedny5
join:2004-09-17
Flushing, NY

wickedny5

i dont know why verizon is so sketchy and secretive about launching channels, they should just announce it as info becomes available so that customers don't run around forums or call customer service just to get info on the launch. A simple date could solve all our beIN sport anxiety

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR

julesism to Onedollar

to Onedollar
not seeing anything in VHO1 yet...
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76 to donjuan2002

to donjuan2002
Both Channels 598 and 1538 are HD MPEG-4 channels. The mapping is as follows:

* 405 MHz (us-irc:54, us-cable:54)
PROGRAM 1172: 1451 TEAM HD 2 NBA (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1173: 1452 TEAM HD 3 NBA (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1174: 1453 TEAM HD 4 NBA (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1175: 1454 TEAM HD 5 NBA (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1197: 598 beIN HD (encrypted)

* 681 MHz (us-irc:105, us-cable:105)
PROGRAM 1156: 1471 Game HD 6 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1157: 1472 Game HD 7 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1158: 1473 Game HD 8 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1159: 1474 Game HD 9 (encrypted)
PROGRAM 1198: 1538 beIN Spanish HD (encrypted)

If your VHO already has channels 1451-1454 and 1471-1474, you should be getting these channels very soon. This is different from TV Guide HD which requires an open QAM slot at each VHO.

The new channel loading suggests that Verizon will pack at least 5 HD channels per MPEG-4 QAM slot even for the most demanding sports channels which use the most bandwidth.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

1 recommendation

chitchatjf to Onedollar

to Onedollar
So 598 (MavTV's old home) for Bein and only in HD. GOOD!
It's time to start offering channels ONLY IN HD!

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR

julesism to Betamax76

to Betamax76
thx for the info. very nice. now those of us with HDHR's know where to look. for me those QAMs look just like yours minus the 2 bein channels.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick to wickedny5

to wickedny5
said by wickedny5:

i dont know why verizon is so sketchy and secretive about launching channels, they should just announce it as info becomes available so that customers don't run around forums or call customer service just to get info on the launch. A simple date could solve all our beIN sport anxiety

Because in the past everyone in the forums kept posting complaints when dates got pushed out. This is the reason why launch dates are not announced.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to dimi1963

to dimi1963
said by dimi1963:

Also according to that thumbnail, the channel should be available to the Extreme package.

Do not believe thumbnails as Verizon has announced publicly it will only be available for Ultimate subscribers. I would guess that a manager at Verizons Web site will be flogging someone atm...

wickedny5
join:2004-09-17
Flushing, NY

wickedny5

said by bohratom:

said by dimi1963:

Do not believe thumbnails as Verizon has announced publicly it will only be available for Ultimate subscribers. I would guess that a manager at Verizons Web site will be flogging someone atm...

Announced Publicly? Link?

hdspts
@verizon.net

hdspts to bohratom

Anon

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by dimi1963:

Despite the notaions of the two channels indicating bein1 and bein-en-espanol, they are should actually should be considered bein sport 1 & 2, as both are each broadcast in English and Spanish and have a unique schedule(with the exception of Real Madrid and Barcelona contests, which usually are simulcast, or a weekday match, where it is the only match on the schedule and likely to be shown live on both stations). For example, bein1 shows a live Sunday Serie A (Italy) morning match, while bein-n shows a different live Serie A match.

Those with Ultimate should by right receive both stations with English audio, but it appears the only way to get both is by subscribing to both the Ultimate and Spainish packages, and even then you would get one in English and the other in Spanish, no matter your preferred language.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to patt2k

to patt2k
said by patt2k:

is there any workaround to add bein to Prime HD ?

Will be interesting to see if FIOS adds BEIN to the sports package since it just went up $2/mo.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

1 edit

miataman

Premium Member

said by bohratom:

said by patt2k:

Will be interesting to see if FIOS adds BEIN to the sports package since it just went up $2/mo.

My understanding is that there is NO sports package, per-se, only a "non-sports" package.
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to donjuan2002

to donjuan2002
said by donjuan2002:

Only so far report on VHO 11

598 went active overnight in Florida (VHO 2)
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to miataman

Premium Member

to miataman
said by miataman:

said by bohratom:

said by patt2k:

My understanding is that there is NOsports package, per-se, only a "non-sports" package.

Except in the Northern NJ/NY area. I believe the sports package is still in effect in that market.
nlk10010
join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

nlk10010

Yea, it's in the guide in VHO5, you just can't tune to it.
blue_trooper
join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

blue_trooper to patt2k

to patt2k
said by patt2k:

Possibly by adding the Spanish language package. Otherwise you need to upgrade to Ultimate.

North jersey
@verizon.net

North jersey to Onedollar

Anon

to Onedollar
I called them yesterday and they dont know anything about this bein sport so i wen to chat with them and what the guy told me is this channel will be available in vho 7 by april 15. So i just have to wait.

drainyoo
@masergy.com

drainyoo to Onedollar

Anon

to Onedollar
I'm in Long Island, NY and I chatted with a FIOS rep last night and confirmed that my area has BEIN on channel 598 starting yesterday. So I signed up for the Ultimate package and I still don't see the channel. Anyone else on LI getting the channel?