Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to EHTL

to EHTL

Re: [Cable] NEW RATES - Rogers

said by EHTL:

said by silverchris:

Do you know what the costs moving from one ATPIA provider to another will be for us?

If you switch to another ISP and are happy with it, why would you want to switch back to TSI? If I were you, I would try CIKTEL's unlimited 25/2 at $39.99. I would do it in a heartbear if the service is available in my area. Since TSI is dumb enough not the migrate current 18/0.5 users to 25/2 once switched to ATPIA, it does not deserve my money.

You can simply call and ask to be moved to the new speed tier.. TSI sold a lot of D2 modems, which these users would not be able to get the new speeds. It's not that they are refusing to move, but request if you want it and have a d3 modem to simply call or notify them.

I think though they should be able to move people who request the change to wave the fee if there is one to transition.
EHTL
join:2002-10-31
Canada

EHTL

said by silverchris:

I think though they should be able to move people who request the change to wave the fee if there is one to transition.

TSI should move the existing customers to the new plan automatically as long as the customers have compatible modems. The $5 wouldn't even cover the extra manpower required to handle the calls.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

said by EHTL:

said by silverchris:

TSI should move the existing customers to the new plan automatically as long as the customers have compatible modems. The $5 wouldn't even cover the extra manpower required to handle the calls.

TSI isn't charging $5 and keeping it. They -pay- that right back out to Rogers to actually have the speed changes done. It's not reasonable that TSI just eat $5 x the number of affected customers for free.